• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

HELP please. :) Kubota injection pump

darinray

Charter Member
Occupation
Owner-Equipment & Parts Sales
Hey all,

Well I have a new problem. I am trying to get parts and details on a Kubota KX91-2 s/n-20041 mini excavator's injection pump. I am thinking its a bosch pump but NO tags on it to identifiy it. :( The engine is a Kubota V1505-E s/n-XW7492 code- 1G092-00000. All I need to do is remove the flange on top of the pump to replace the orings and then put it back in. Anyone have some helpful hints? The timing marks have been saved so i would think I should be able to just replace the orings (to stop the leak) put the marks back together and be done with it. :)

ANY and all info would be very much appreciated for sure.

Darin

Attachments

• IMG00029-20091211-1106.jpg
    IMG00029-20091211-1106.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 6,065
  • IMG00030-20091211-1106.jpg
    IMG00030-20091211-1106.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 11,455
  • IMG00031-20091211-1107.jpg
    IMG00031-20091211-1107.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 7,692

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Man...it's been a while since I've serviced one of those. Can't remember for sure, but I think you have to remove the shut down solenoid from the rear of the case, and remove the throttle/manual shutdown plate from the side of the case to release the control rack and lift the injection pump plate on top of the case. bobcatmechanic might know, looks similar to the old Kubota engine in the 743.

darinray

Charter Member
Occupation
All for a small oring kit. :( BUT I can't even order the orings yet until I find out what pump this is. :( Hopefully bobcatmechanic will see this post. :)

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Might try and send him a PM.

Strange, every Kubota I've worked on has ID numbers stamped on the pump assy somewhere.

darinray

Charter Member
Occupation
Heres the thing. I've been talking with my local pump shop and I gave them this number that is stamped right on the injection pump plate but they said it wasn't the right one. :( :( The number on that is 16062 and am told it is a Bosch pump. Mayeb they just want me to pull it and send it in to them. :) Don't blame them but I need to fix this in-house so I can try and make some money with it selling it. :)

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Well, you really don't pull the whole pump housing. The plate on top "is" the injection pump. You have one of them removed. Each one of those piston chambers is an injection pump for it's respective injector. Inside the lower case is just a cam to operate the pistons, the control links/racks, and the governor assy. You should be able to remove the injection piston plate and install new seals. But it's been too long since I've worked on one, can't remember what is required.

Localmotion

Similar Problem

Hi Darinray

I got a similar problem on my case CK28 excavator, which is fitted with a Kubota engine.

The fuel pump is leaking around the top of the injector, but I can't tell if it is the collar (below the split to the injector lines) or actually leaking around the base plate of the injector (where it meets the top of the pump using torque bolts).

Please take a look at this video of it YouTube - Leaking Kubota Injector

I've got two main questions:

1 - Is it possible to losen the collar from the base plate and if so does this affect timing?

2 - If I remove the torque bolts holding the base plant to the pump, how do I "mark" the timing as you have done? Please can you explain to me the procedure you followed?

Must admit to being a bit out of my depth here, but really need the machine back to work asap, and being in Spain we don't have any Kubota industrial engine workshops nearby.

Any help / tips / advice greatfully received.

Cheers, Ian. :drinkup

darinray

Charter Member
Occupation
Well I can't see the drips and basically you need it a lot cleaner than that to be able to tell where the fuel is coming from. If it's around the top then you won't have to loosen the timing base to chage the o ring but check that out. If it's coming from the bottom then you have to take the thing apart and I took the advise given here and sent the pump to a injector place and had them do it. For me there is just too much to damage and like to leave the delicate stuff to the right people. :)

Darin

Localmotion

Thanks Darin

The leak is coming from the bottom, so I'm thinking your advice to take the whole pump to a shop is a good one, and definately echoed by everyone I've asked.

I know the video isn't very clear, or the engine clean - the machine was still on site when I filmed it, but is now back in our workshop as on top of everything else I've got a bottom roller to replace :(

LM