• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Help: old yale-er lift cylinder removal

redline808

So it's time to put seals in my yale, it's a GC030UA I think from the mid to late 70's. I've not dealt with this type of cylinder before where it is attached near the bottom on pivot pins. How do I get it separated from the gantry? I am trying to up load a photo but its not letting me?

Ronsii

Occupation
s/e Heavy equipment operator
The trunion mount ones I have seen have caps that come off then you lift the cylinder up and forward... after the rest of the stuff is readied and secured.... it's been a while so I am probably forgetting something but it ain't rocket science ;)

redline808

Yup, basically exactly what I had to do. Figured the only way to get to those caps was to lift it higher then I had it. Then I seen your reply. LOL. Thanks for taking the time!