1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Help: old yale-er lift cylinder removal

Discussion in 'Forklifts/Telehandlers' started by redline808, Sep 11, 2019.

1. redline808

redline808 Well-Known Member

So it's time to put seals in my yale, it's a GC030UA I think from the mid to late 70's. I've not dealt with this type of cylinder before where it is attached near the bottom on pivot pins. How do I get it separated from the gantry? I am trying to up load a photo but its not letting me?

2. Ronsii

Ronsii Senior Member

s/e Heavy equipment operator
    The trunion mount ones I have seen have caps that come off then you lift the cylinder up and forward... after the rest of the stuff is readied and secured.... it's been a while so I am probably forgetting something but it ain't rocket science ;)

3. redline808

redline808 Well-Known Member

Yup, basically exactly what I had to do. Figured the only way to get to those caps was to lift it higher then I had it. Then I seen your reply. LOL. Thanks for taking the time!