• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

help moving a backhoe from wisconsin to laredo TX.

92b16si

Need to move a case 580sl backhoe from sussex wisconsin to laredo texas. the cheapest quote I got was $2,300.
anyone know of a company that can do it for less.
I was also thinking of buying a used trailer off craigslist. and renting a truck of uhaul or similar place like that. I know i might spend a bit more, but i keep a trailer.

tonka

Occupation
Equipment Operator
try U ship, but that sounds like a good deal to me...

92b16si

would it be a better option just to buy a trailer and rent a dually? of a rental place? anyone have any idea who rents these?

tonka

Occupation
Equipment Operator
Most rental places don't rent dualie's with 5th wheels or goose neck hitches... and a bumper pull wouldnt be safe..IMO!

heavylift

try hertz ... they also list a one ton truck... but a dump truck would probably be the safer choice,

Hertz Equipment Rental, Committed to Safety!!

Available range: 1 - 35 Ton weight capacity; 14' - 30' (18' - 46') deck length (with Beavertail); Rubber-mounted sealed beam lights for long life; Safety headboard and steel supported hardwood decking; Hydraulic tail and fold-down approach plate on some models

Five-O

I think it would be cheaper and safer to have a freight broker get the hoe to you. I'm thinking the rental on the truck plus fuel and insurance will be well over $2000.

Five-O

were can i get a brokers number?

Do an internet search for "freight brokers who ship heavy equipment" and call some of these companies to get a quote. A lot of the time you will get a better price by talking to someone on the phone rather than an online quote (dont ask me why). Good luck.