1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

help me pick my first backhoe.

Discussion in 'Tractor/Loader/Backhoes' started by 92b16si, Mar 29, 2011.

1. 92b16si

92b16si Well-Known Member

2. shopteacher 1

shopteacher 1 Well-Known Member

In the 20k range you should be able to pick up a very good machine. The one in the photo looks to be good. Check your local dealers. Around here they are hungry and are giving deals as good as you can get at a private sale - and the machines have been checked over. A lot of times they will have repos with low hours and fair prices.

John

3. El Hombre

El Hombre Senior Member

http://www.machinerytrader.com/drilldown/modelList.aspx?manu=JCB

Take a look at the online sales sites, usually the asking price is 10-25% higher than the selling price. I did that with my 5550, turns out they sell for less money than 555's, that can't do a lot of the work the bigger machine can do. But, that's the market.

The hoes like the one you want are listed at $25K up, so $22k is pretty good if it's not beat on...

Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
  4. 92b16si

thanks but, i live in mexico right now. Iam looking for a machine in the texa's area dont know too many dealers.

5. pwrstroke6john

pwrstroke6john Well-Known Member

Thats 214s is a beast Ill tell you that.

6. 92b16si

7. WhyWhyZed

WhyWhyZed Well-Known Member

I'd probably look for a 310SG or something over the Cat.

8. 92b16si

Hey iam very new to backhoes or heavy machinery, can i know some reason?

9. WhyWhyZed

WhyWhyZed Well-Known Member

just an equally durable machine that doesn't command the same premium in the used market, and has a simpler hydraulic pump (2 stage gear instead of piston)
    I like the way they bring the second pump in when the seat is spun to the back, and I like the Deere transmission.

10. 92b16si

ok any idea what years are better? can I even get one for around 20k?