• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Help - KX121-3 Stuck Pins

Jmac03

I have a 2007 Kubota KX121-3
The angle blade cylinder snapped and I cannot get the pins out of there so I can send out the cylinder to get fixed.
I have tried heating it up, pounding it with a sledgehammer, every kind of penetrating oil, and even a jack hammer.
I cannot get them out.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Any help is appreciated.

John
IMG_20150429_175921.jpgIMG_20150418_193922.jpgIMG_20150419_160514.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20150422_180314.jpg
    IMG_20150422_180314.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:

Delmer

Shop press? Weld up a frame and use a porta power or bottle jack? Whichever is handiest for you. The bore/bushing has to be supported on the other side so the ears don't bend and bind the pin. Might help to put some shims between the rod end and the bushing.

As a last resort, cut the center of the pin out with cutting torch, oxygen lance, or drill through the pin and weld it back up. All of these will shrink the pin enough that it will come out easily.

edit: with that much of the pin sticking out the top, you could try welding up a conglomeration that would use a bottle jack to "pull" the pin out from the top.

Assuming that if you had a hollow cylinder for a porta power sitting around you wouldn't be asking.

Last edited:

pafarmer

Occupation
Land clearing, demo, site prep etc. Ex Pro Motocro
Shop press? Weld up a frame and use a porta power or bottle jack? Whichever is handiest for you. The bore/bushing has to be supported on the other side so the ears don't bend and bind the pin. Might help to put some shims between the rod end and the bushing.

As a last resort, cut the center of the pin out with cutting torch, oxygen lance, or drill through the pin and weld it back up. All of these will shrink the pin enough that it will come out easily.

edit: with that much of the pin sticking out the top, you could try welding up a conglomeration that would use a bottle jack to "pull" the pin out from the top.

Assuming that if you had a hollow cylinder for a porta power sitting around you wouldn't be asking.

X2.....These are proved methods...