• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Help identify this engine

Don.S

So we have a shaker that recently showed up at the yard and i have been tasked with keeping it feed with top soil. Today the water pump shaft decided to break off and the fan became close friends with the radiator. I can not find any markings on the engine to help identify what water pump i need. I will try and take some more pictures tomorrow if needed. Any ideas on what caused it to break? Is this a common occurrence? 20220616_163821_HDR.jpg 20220616_163816_HDR.jpg 20220616_164056.jpg

Tyler d4c

Any numbers onto he injector pump the pump guy could possibly tell you from that. But to me it looks alot like a mitsubishi s4s

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
Looks like the water pump bearing failed. The drive belt could have been stretched very tight exacerbating the problem.

Don.S

Well it is looking like you are correct on the engine. Thank you very much and hopefully we get this old machine back up and running soon. 20220617_153540_HDR.jpg