• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Help for exam

Adam91

Im at operator school and have my final for bulldozer. (rock, sand, soil)

i have to slope the ground to 3% making a road. Sloping is on each side of my cuts.

Is there an easy way or trick, to know when you have your 3% slope, other than a slope meter cause the machine doesn’t have one.

i have to make a cut of 300 for the bottom of slope and 250 for the top (crown). In form of a road. So, one next to each other….

i am having trouble finding my grade fast. And keeping it since the terrain isn’t flat. It’s got some bumps in it going uphill.

also, what can I do to pile up dirt going uphill (ramp), topping it off at the grade marked on my grading sticks. I have trouble adjusting my material and placing it without it going over the paint lines.

french is my first language sorry if I’m a bit all over the place.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Welcome to the Forums Adam!

Sorry I don't have any "tricks" running a dozer and shaping a crown just takes time in the seat to learn.

How many hours of seat time do you have?