• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Help Cat 120H slow circle drive

ibarguenm

Hello i have a cat 120h serial CAF00311 with 4700 hours, my problema is that fue circle drive is very slow barely noves, and dime times de circle noves Freely when i put fue balde in the floor while machine is moving
Thanks very very much

BigWrench55

Remove the small cover on the circle drive gear box. You will see three bolts. They are either loose or broken. If they are tight take them out and remove shims until you get your blade function back. If that doesn’t help then most likely the worm gear and bull gear are stripped. If you see a lot of metal in the oil then your gears are likely failed.

BigWrench55

I forgot to mention that there are clutches they to could be failing. The clutches are there to let the blade slip when you run into something hard while grading. Also look at the pinion gear if the teeth have a sharp point then it is bad to.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Refer to the illustration below. #43 & 44 are 6 friction discs and 5 plates - that is the circle drive slip clutch. The friction discs could likely be worn or maybe even something has broken in there. Best way to find out is to drain the oil out of the unit and remove the bolts (#25) that hold the big cover in position. Once you've got that off the dog will be able to see the rabbit. The adjustment procedure is attached.

upload_2018-12-1_7-24-35.png

Attachments

• 120H Circle Clutch.pdf
    188.5 KB · Views: 6

ibarguenm

Hello NIGE Í DEED what you told me, chance the discs, and machine seems to be fine again, i have one question, Si es de balde has to slip when i Run into something hard, or not because, ir did that, i removed some shims and stop ding that, just yo make sure, how for a ir has to be.
Thanks

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
The idea is that if the end of the blade hits something hard the circle drive slips rather than risk breaking something serious.

En Español - el propósito del embrague de mando de círculo es que, en caso de contacto con algo duro y resistente, el embrague se resbala en vez de correr el riesgo de romper algo más grave (y mucho más caro) en el sistema del círculo. Si usted realizó el ajuste exactamente según el procedimiento más arriba el mando de círculo funcionaria así.

Reactions: DB2