• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Help! Case 70xt Auto-level/electrical issues.

Stohne

I just purchased an 04 Case 70xt for a very good price in seemingly really good condition! It does have a few of issues, one of which is very frustrating: it is stuck in self level mode.
When raising the arms it auto levels. When lowering it holds the position you left it in until you're a few feet off the ground. Then it starts to draw the bucket backward and put the engine under load when it maxes out, slowing the lowering process.
From what I understand, this potentially due to a bad solenoid, malfunction in the valve(less likely?), or an electrical issue. Bypass the valve is something that has come up in discussion.
That being said, here's the other issues: no lights, no horn, no hour meter, parking brake doesn't seem to work when the seat bar is raised entirely and the parking light is on.
I'm new to skid steers and most equipment, aside from a little tractor work. I'm pretty mechanically inclined and have worked on my fair share of diesel engines amongst other things. I intend to purchase a service manual to track down the issues.
I'm hoping some of you may be able to shed some light on these issues! Can I bypass the valve? Should I?
Where should I look to solve my other electrical issues?
Any pointers not related to this specific topic? I haven't found much info on the 70xt's other than they're pretty good machines.

Thanks in advance, and my apologies for the long post!