• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hello, I'm New!

fensoncont.

Hello,
I am new to the forums. My age is 14 years old. Please don't judge me by my age. I am very smart when it comes to Caterpillar Equipment and Mack Trucks. I am really into moving dirt and putting pipe in the ground. My dads a mechanic, and my uncle is a contractor.

I have been into construction since I was 5, the biggest piece of equipment I have operated was a Deere 450C LC. I design my own blueprints, and receive old ones from my uncle. I then estimate them. I am a big studier of estimating these types of construction projects. I also study the science of compaction, and compaction testings. I am also a collector of diecast equipment and trucks, with about 200 models in my collection. I am a registered user at www.dhsdiecast.com, my username on there is fensoncontracting. Fenson Contracting is my made up business, in which my dream is to make it real. Its great to meet you all, and I know I will enjoy the forum!

Thanks
Nolan

DigDug

Hi Fensoncontracting. Keep up the good work and good attitude !! You will succeed with your enthuisasim. I wish you the best of luck. :thumbsup

murray83

Occupation
jack of all trades....master of none
You sound like me as a kid.

I'm pretty much like yourself,Dad supervised underground tank removal for the provincial government.When I was young I'd tag along for the trip and go to DOT garages,schools,hospitals all over the southern half of my province.First machine I got to get my little hands on was a Cat 205 back in 1989 before I was even in school and since then never looked back.

The fact you take old drawings and bid them as your own and study soil testing shows your passion in the industry for such a young age so I give you a thumbs up.

Remember the age of a person is just a number,but its the brain on that persons sholders that tell their real maturity.

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to HEF!:drinkup

I'm sure we all look forward to your input and opinions. :yup

innovative1

Keep at it there young man, you sound like you are on the right track. Always remember, you can do or be anything you want if you desire it so. Perhaps I can consult with you on technical Caterpillar issues if you dont mind.
i1

Tigerotor77W

Occupation
Engineer
Yeah, weclome here, too! (I already wrote a welcome on your post about fleet variety, but, *rubs nose)

I think you've officially taken my spot as the youngest person here (I'm about month shy of 21), and you've also beaten me to the punch of getting interested -- I got interested at age nine, and what darkness my life was before then. :yup

Okay enjoy the forums. Don't let Squizzy get to ya.

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
welcome aboard Nolan,

You know more than I do about estimating, never really thought about it it till now, but you're dhs posts have been very ... calculated... for lack of a better word (sorry the old brain is runnin outa juice tonight:Banghead ) Don't ever lose sight of your dream. The best job in the world is the one you enjoy, pay comes second in my opinion.

I think you'll find this is a nice little corner of the web, make yourself at home:yup

TRACKHOE71

Occupation
OPERATOR
hey nolan welcome to H.E.F. its good to fined people enjoying the art of moving dirt at such a young age! good luck with everyhting you do! dont ever give up yor dreams!

JDOFMEMI

Nolan
Welcome. I can relate to your enthusiasm for the buisiness. I learned to read in the Cat product lierature from the local dealer, and have wanted to be in this buisiness since I could say Cat.
With your background, you have an advantage, and I am sure it will be put to good use in the years to come.
I wish there were more people your age excited about this buisiness. It is hard to find good help.

Countryboy

Occupation
Welcome to HEF, JDOFMEMI. :drinkup

Jeff D.

Countryboy watch a pro at work. Two "Welcomes" in one post!!(Alittle thing I call "multi-stuff doing"):cool:

Welcome too you both fensoncont. & JDOFMEMI

I agree with the others Nolan. At 14 years old, to have the interest and experience you have in a skill that can help you throughout your life is great.:thumbsup

Countryboy

Occupation
angry.gif I...I can "multi-stuff doing" too but only with the help of my little friend > robot.gif

(ya like that one don't ya)