• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hello heavyequipment guys and gals

Seajinx

Hello everyone, just purchase a used 680K backhoe. Looking forward to learning repairing, and trouble shoot my own equipment. I understand this will be a great challenge, but I do want to lern the ins and out of backhoe operating.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Welcome to HEF Seajinx;)!

Lots of good Case guy's here, you will be in good hands!

Seajinx

Ok, here goes, I just purchased a 680K backhoe, and the right side door is missing. Looking at the leftside door, I'm tempted to attempt to make my own on my plasma table usinf the left side and reversing the image. has any body done this before? If so, what should I take into consideration?

Vetech63

Ok, here goes, I just purchased a 680K backhoe, and the right side door is missing. Looking at the leftside door, I'm tempted to attempt to make my own on my plasma table usinf the left side and reversing the image. has any body done this before? If so, what should I take into consideration?
I see no reason that wouldn't work. You are just doing a mirror image and I believe both of the doors are the same size.

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
Since you brought it up:
My youngest son left the womb knowing one fact, Dad is wrong.
I had a pile of round fire wood out by the sugar house. I did not ask him to split it. He took it upon himself to split it & pile it.
He was 24 years old at the time.
The day began with him taking the biggest vehicle in the fleet to dispose of 1 bag of trash at the Town transfer station. Neither son EVER pulls all the way into a parking space. If the front bumper is in the parking space, that's good enough.
The road to the sugar house was largely obstructed by a 7 ton truck.
I wanted the wood piled in the sugar house. Zachary knew beyond any doubt that plan was wrong.
Davey, (my age, missing a few brain cells) was keeping him company.
I have a few absolute rules, they include: No passengers in a backhoe. Never move the backhoe with a door open.
Remember the one fact, Dad is always wrong.
Zack knew no truck should ever be fully into its parking space. Wood should be stored in the garage instead of the sugar house. Passengers are fine on the step, as long as they are utterly stupid. The door has to be open to have a fool standing on the step.

The noise sounded like thunder! Tiny ice cubes of shattered glass were 100' away in all directions. Davey got in his car and disappeared.
My 580 K had three of four door glass panels obliterated, metal was mangled! Zack offered to take it off, lay it on the ground and run over it to see if it would straighten.

Seth & I cut it in half, beat it back to its intended shape. I ordered up $500. in parts to replace. It never did get put on the tractor. Other more pressing chores needed doing.

Try to buy a used door.

Seajinx

Since you brought it up:
My youngest son left the womb knowing one fact, Dad is wrong.
I had a pile of round fire wood out by the sugar house. I did not ask him to split it. He took it upon himself to split it & pile it.
He was 24 years old at the time.
The day began with him taking the biggest vehicle in the fleet to dispose of 1 bag of trash at the Town transfer station. Neither son EVER pulls all the way into a parking space. If the front bumper is in the parking space, that's good enough.
The road to the sugar house was largely obstructed by a 7 ton truck.
I wanted the wood piled in the sugar house. Zachary knew beyond any doubt that plan was wrong.
Davey, (my age, missing a few brain cells) was keeping him company.
I have a few absolute rules, they include: No passengers in a backhoe. Never move the backhoe with a door open.
Remember the one fact, Dad is always wrong.
Zack knew no truck should ever be fully into its parking space. Wood should be stored in the garage instead of the sugar house. Passengers are fine on the step, as long as they are utterly stupid. The door has to be open to have a fool standing on the step.

The noise sounded like thunder! Tiny ice cubes of shattered glass were 100' away in all directions. Davey got in his car and disappeared.
My 580 K had three of four door glass panels obliterated, metal was mangled! Zack offered to take it off, lay it on the ground and run over it to see if it would straighten.

Seth & I cut it in half, beat it back to its intended shape. I ordered up $500. in parts to replace. It never did get put on the tractor. Other more pressing chores needed doing.

Try to buy a used door.
Point taken, still searching for used door.