• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hello from the Uk

Flewy_86

Hi there all.

I have been a 'lurker' (oo-er!) for a reasonable while here and I'd like to introduce myself properly.

My name is Dave Flew and I'm a qualified Mechanic/Panel Beater/Land Surveyor with more than a passing interest in Plant of all types.

I have recently with my father, branched out into GPS Machine Guidance systems. It was a logical step for us as the UK market is pretty quiet in this area plus we can bring a whole lot of extra to the party, with our surveying, mapping and GPS expertise.

We have been working hard with our business so far and we are now starting to supply and help our first few customers which is fantastic.

I like to use this forum as it is packed with useful info, some of which has actually helped us work this out, or see how things are done, so we can better support our customers. I learn something everytime I have a lookie.

I would like to become more involved with posting messages and I have some intersting pics that I'll be putting up over the coming months.

First pic is me with a Topcon GPS unit, the second a near miss on a pipeline job and the last one is to help explain my username.

Flewy is my nickname and the 86 is a reference to my 'AE-86' Corolla GT Coupe. Those with eagle eyes will note I have fitted a hedge trimmer attachment to it.;)

Cheers, Flewy:D

Attachments

• DSC02669.jpg
    DSC02669.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 217
  • DSC00054.jpg
    DSC00054.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 222
  • DSC02989.jpg
    DSC02989.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 217

d4c24a

hedgecutting

welcome :drinkup
hows visability when using the hedgecutter :D are you able to adjust your mirrors for a better veiw
cheers graham

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
A ruddy Bomford would you not get a McConnell and leave a decent finish on the poor hedge.

Flewy_86

Welome flewy, what part of the S.West do you stand on your Perch.
Happy New Year
tctractors

That fair lump of rock is Brean Down, next to Weston-Super-Mare (where I live)

Was a rather handy place for the base to be left all day without being pinched.

Whereabouts are you based TCT? And whats you're line of work?

tctractors

Flewy, I come from a small Town called Upton upon Severn, just past Cheltenham, I scurry all over the U.K. working as a Mechanic (Bottom Feeder) working on just about anything (Bar JCB 3cx's) I would rather fix a Cement Mixer.
tony coates

bill5362

Occupation
I own a excavation company and a rolloff container
Welcome to the forum looking forward to more pics and post.