• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hello from Louisiana

BluewaterLa

Occupation
Field Service Tech / Semi retired
Wanted to Introduce myself since I'm new to this forum.
Name is Mike from Southeast Louisiana just North of New Orleans.
Own a Komatsu PC35MR-2 canopy model, spent the last four months rebuilding the stick that was side loaded pretty bad by previous owner cracking stick in half and breaking the pin boss at boom / stick on the stick.
Was loads of fun. Replaced all bushings from boom articulation down to the bucket. Plenty of cleaning / degreasing to locate hydraulic leaks, replacing bad hoses under the cab along the way. Have almost all leaks fixed, just a few more remain around control valve bank and lower part of pump area still have some weeping.
Starter was worn out so got that replaced recently along with the engine belt that was dry and peeling apart like string cheese.
Couple more issues with the machine until I'm satisfied with it, all in good time. For now I'm putting it to work around my home digging stumps out, filling in low spots to help with drainage and repairing wash out around my foundation as my home sits on a hill.
Look forward to poking around the forum

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Welcome Bluewater!

I don't have much experience with Komatsu's other that a WA600 front end loader we had at the quarry.

They got that new in October of 1996 and the last time I had a chance to talk to my last boss it was still being used as a back up machine in the quarry. Just over a quarter a century is not bad for a frontend loader. In 2014 it had 25,000 hours on it, that's the last record I have for it as I retired in 2015.

Once you have a few posts you are allowed to post pictures hope to see some in a few days.

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
Welcome Mike! Good to have you. Let’s see some pictures of your machine. Never been to La or even close to it. No crawfish boils or gator hunts, either. I’m probably missing out. But, I do enjoy listing to a NOLO based rapper named Brodnax, he hangs out with Demun Jones and Adam Calhoun. Ever run into him at the grocery store or something?

BluewaterLa

Occupation
Welcome Mike! Good to have you. Let’s see some pictures of your machine. Never been to La or even close to it. No crawfish boils or gator hunts, either. I’m probably missing out. But, I do enjoy listing to a NOLO based rapper named Brodnax, he hangs out with Demun Jones and Adam Calhoun. Ever run into him at the grocery store or something?

appreciate the warm welcome, unfortunately I do not know of the rapper Brodnax so I would not know if I have ever seen him locally. I try not to venture into the New Orleans area for anything unless I absolutely have to.

BluewaterLa

Occupation
Welcome to HEF, BluewaterLa !
If you need help with your PC35MR-2, be sure to post it in the Compact Excavator forum.
You will get the most attention there for it.

Welcome Bluewater!

I don't have much experience with Komatsu's other that a WA600 front end loader we had at the quarry.

They got that new in October of 1996 and the last time I had a chance to talk to my last boss it was still being used as a back up machine in the quarry. Just over a quarter a century is not bad for a frontend loader. In 2014 it had 25,000 hours on it, that's the last record I have for it as I retired in 2015.

Once you have a few posts you are allowed to post pictures hope to see some in a few days.

Thanks for the welcome.
I will have to post up some pictures when I get a moment for that using my phone.
Been poking around the compact excavator forum using the search function for a recent issue I'm having with no luck so I will make a post about it and see what members here have to say.