• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hello from Canada

drew15975

Hello everyone! I've been reading posts on this forum for a couple of weeks and I've found extremely helpful information! I've recently just bought a 2004 Case 580 SM to help me on my new 25 acre property. I've rented small backhoes and mini-exs a couple times before so I'm really new at all this. I plan on building a 40x60 shop this spring so I've been trying to learn as much about this machine as I can. Looking forward to hearing from you all!

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
drew, welcome! and Canada is a big country so any chance of narrowing it down a bit Like NF or BC or some place in between?

drew15975

I'm in Ontario, North of Toronto. Two days ago it was -30C (-22F) and tomorrow it's supposed to be 7C (45F)! I may go out in my bathing suit tomorrow and crawl under my backhoe lol

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
Howdy and welcome.
Please share your shop build with us. Hope the crazy lumber prices don’t slow your project down.

drew15975

The lumber prices have definitely slowed down my build... I had drawn up some plans last fall and got some material quotes. I just called the same lumberyard to update my pricelist and was floored! I have a heavily treed property so I may be a lumberjack this year... My uncle has a portable mill so I may just mill my own. Backhoe is really going to help me get that done! It came with 4' forks for the loader and I may see about getting a thumb. This machine is a swiss army knife!