1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hello from Alaska!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Dmitry Alaska, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Dmitry Alaska

Dmitry Alaska Member

Hi all, Just recently getting into heavy equipment as my dad has several excavators and other equipment. I'm his go-to guy for research and finding deals on parts, hope you all can be mine. Looking forward to the shared knowledge and chatting with many of you.

Any of you know whether a bearing/bushing database or list exists to match up bushings part numbers when searching by size? Or if you can suggest the best location to post such a question?

2. Numbfingers

Numbfingers Well-Known Member

mechanic
    Welcome to HEF there fellow Alaskan! Regarding bearing info, I emailed SKF asking for an old poster of theirs that I wanted. They don't make the poster anymore but they sent me two bearing maintenance handbooks for free and had just about everything you could ever want to know about bearings. I imagine you could get a cross reference off of them. Timken has tons of info on their website as well.

3. Dmitry Alaska

Dmitry Alaska Member

Sorry if what i say seems obvious to most but I am specifically interested in hardened steel bushings, or other material bushings such as bronze or aluminum, that are used as wear parts between the hardened steel pins and stick/links/cylinders ends/thumbs to prevent the need to line bore any equipment. Most often these bushings are also tapped or grooved for grease.

It would be great if such a cross reference existed....its seems pretty easy already to cross reference roller bearings, it would be nice if wear bushings would also be that easy also, especially if all you have to work from is dimensions such as ID, OD, and length.

4. Numbfingers

Numbfingers Well-Known Member

mechanic
    Can't help ya there

LDK likes this.
  5. Dmitry Alaska

Dmitry Alaska Member

Thanks. I appreciate you trying.

6. farmerlund

farmerlund Senior Member

Farmer/ excavator
    My local cat dealer can search for bushings by the size. inner and outer bore and length. Is that what you are needing? I have used it a few times to redo buckets and a few other odd things.

7. Dmitry Alaska

Dmitry Alaska Member

Yes, Thats what I am needing....for a 20 year old Geith Bucket, using 80mm pins. Geith has basically burned their specs and data for the buckets they made back then, and have no info more me.
    Whatever your local CAT dealer is using would be a great resource, be that database or paper cheat sheet. Although I've heard that Cat doesn't use metric pins much, but still worth a shot.
    Would you mind sharing which Cat dealer that is so I can reach out to them?

8. AllDodge

AllDodge Senior Member

9. farmerlund

farmerlund Senior Member

Farmer/ excavator
    I am not sure how they find them. I needed some for a wore out bucket a few years ago they found the right ones to fit.

Was Butler Machinery Fargo, ND . 701-280-3100