• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hello from Alabama

Khileman

Well I couldn't sleep last night and really got into the site last night. Wow it was fun I just kinda been lurking. It funny how people have the same problems and question and everyone relates. Well I run/manage a stock pile management business in Mobile, Alabama. We deal only in coal. We have seven 350hp machines five D155's, and two D8T even got a new tier 4 8T last week, 2 D65, D5G, new D3K also got it last week. 2 T'hoes 320 &322 long reach, some 247B also new last week, Hmm Cat made a lot of money last week and all we got were caps!! Back on subject, WA 500-3 and two Kubota farm type we use for bush hog'n and pumping water off plant yard. So after seeing all the pic of everyone's machines I got some today enjoy.
The dreaded Tier 4 engine
Picture011.jpg
The D8T T4
Picture010.jpg
One of the 155-6's
Picture035.jpg
Shift change the only time they stop, we run 24/7 and put 20k hrs in 3 years so we trade very often this machine has 17500 hrs and trading it in the spring
Picture034.jpg
60 ft long reach we handle drainage too
Picture009.jpg

And I know the D155's real well so any tech info you need just let me know.

Khileman

These see a few more

This one is the 320
Picture007.jpg
The very trusty WA-500 Great machine about 10K on it
Picture005.jpg
One of the D65-15Eo
Picture004.jpg
And this little baby is fine, pushes just as strong as the D5G we have.
Picture001.jpg

Enjoy got more but hey don't wanna over do it.

mikey1

Occupation
local truck driver
Howdy from Northeast Alabama

I have been reading alot on here, I have recently purchased a 73' case 580B CK, and knew nothing until reading on here. I am experiencing alot of the problems that most of the other guys here are having with leaking cylinders, power shuttle seems weak, no brakes, radiator leaks. A Mess!! LOL but, it is my baby now and sooner or later it will all be fixed. Thanks to you guys like Phil, ive learned so much about it before crawling under it I'm sure I will have many questions, I will try to get some pics soon too Thank You guys for sharing your knowledge with us all Mike

wee_gus

Welcome to the forum buddy, I'm working in mobile just now, are you down by the container port? I've seen a few barges go past the ship I'm on laden with coal.

Old Toys

Hi youall I'm also from The Heart of Dixie looking for info and stumbled on this site. I have and had a bunch of older machines my newest is a Case 880D excavator that I was looking for service or parts manuals to get the buggs out before starting my projects. I've enjoyed reading some threads and also tryed giving some common sense advice. Hope I can help and get help, Thanks in advance, Gary.