1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

HEF Search History Question

Discussion in 'Support' started by Tinkerer, Aug 28, 2021.

1. Tinkerer

Tinkerer Senior Member

I noticed that my search history seems to remains indefinitely.
    Is there any way to erase it ?
    An example is that when I started to type in this thread title quit a few suggestions appeared for an auto-complete.
    It's not a problem but I am curious why that happens.

2. funwithfuel

funwithfuel Senior Member

Mechanic
    Thats not HEF, it's your browser. Clean your cookies n cache, that will start fresh again. Worked for me.

mg2361 likes this.
  3. Tinkerer

Tinkerer Senior Member

I did many times with CCleaner pro version.
    What I mean is, I do that several times a week.
    It always delete my password causing me to log back in.

4. hvy 1ton

hvy 1ton Senior Member

Shift+Del on the highlighted suggestion.

5. Tinkerer

Tinkerer Senior Member

Thanks, but that didn't work.
    What did erase everything was pressing and holding ctrl,shift and delete at the same when I had one of the suggestions in the search bar.
    Then a box appears with the capability to erase everything if you put check marks in all 7 boxes.
    Notice at the top of the box I scrolled to erase everything in the time range.
    Here is a screenshot of it.
    box.jpg