• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

HEF members seeking advice and don't seem to come back to read the responces

Tinkerer

A new member asked for help last Saturday and has not responded to a lot of good advice that has been posted in his thread.

FWIW ! which isn't much.
He may have cleared the cookies in his computer.
That would enable him to look at everything on HEF without logging in.
But, there are programs that will clear all cookies but have an option to protect logins.

emmett518

A new member asked for help last Saturday and has not responded to a lot of good advice that has been posted in his thread.

FWIW ! which isn't much.
He may have cleared the cookies in his computer.
That would enable him to look at everything on HEF without logging in.
But, there are programs that will clear all cookies but have an option to protect logins.
I have to admit that sometimes, I've asked questions, immediately read the answer, appreciated the help, but forgotten to thank people. I do try to offer thanks, as manners are important, but sometimes, it slips. PLUS, there are probably a slew more people who didn't ask, but read, and learn new things.
So your answers are a huge help!

sfrs4

Occupation
parts admin
I have done something similar before, asked for help, gone and tried help offered and it didn't work, so just didn't have the heart to respond as I was busy with a match and 5 gallon of fuel. I'm of the give and take ideology, I give as much help as I can without expecting anything back so I can take some advice without responding lol.

excavator

Tinkerer, I know what you mean. Many times in years past people have come here and asked a question that I thought I could help with. So I go out to my manual room, find the correct manual, read through the appropriate section so that I can give them good information. That all takes time on my part and then I when I don't hear back from the OP I feel like I wasted my time. It's a bit frustrating until I realize that I sometimes fail to respond to answers to some of my questions. We are busy, we get the problem solved and go on to the next thing. And like Steve said, it's the internet....

Acoals

Occupation
Jack of all trades/Master of none
The great benefit of the way this forum operates as an independant website, as opposed to a FB group or similar, is that the information is searchable and available. The post that somebody spent time to research might have been ignored by the OP, but it is there and available for the next guy. There are a lot of people that come here and read without ever joining.

Zewnten

I'm annoyed at the ones that just update "never mind I figured it out" and nothing else. Especially when I'm the one searching for answers.

rumblecloud

Occupation
Living the dream...:]
Hand raised! I apologize. A long time ago in 2012 I was here looking for answers about my first venture into this area of construction equipment - Loader/backhoes.

I posted a few questions then life changed -- my bad.
Point being, I know what you are all talking about. I have since learned to finish what you start. I am a card carrying member of a couple of forums and will never leave and issue opened without some sort of closure.

I don't know if it's disrespectful or just frustration from folks looking for an instant answer to a question that has no instant answer available -- especially when it comes to equipment as complex as these machines.

Sorry for spouting, But I get it --- now.

Truck Shop

I believe it's more important to get them pointed in the right direction sometimes rather than
just throw the answers at them, the OP will learn more if he has to put some skin in the game.
If they don't come back or respond it's their loss, HEF still did it's job.