• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Haying in Wyoming

FarmerAlex

Occupation
Engineer (AT UNI), Heavy equipment owner/ operator
What sort of baler do you fellas run? It looks like a fixed chamber with only rollers? What sort of weight do you get in a bale?

GREAT FIRST VIDEO, I WILL PUT SOMETHING UP WHEN I CAN
Alex

funkinalive

Occupation
Student
Thanks Alex, i wanted to put music in it and all but was kinda in a rush, id definitely like to see some of your operations in oz.
the baler is a "Newidea" built in France i believe. it is belt driven and i think it packs a bale to a diameter of 120cm. weight? the packer springs are relaxed because our workers don't like heavy bales, they say its harder to take apart when feeding, i never thought about the weight but id guess they are around 200kg each but that could be way off. we have another baler for wet (silage) bales its a gallignani from italy, its got the fixed chamber with just rollers as you mentioned, its also got a central lubrication unit for the chains and bearings which is nice while its working, will be putting it to work on second cut. here are some pics

NewIdea.JPGGallignani.JPG

Last edited:

FarmerAlex

Occupation
Gday again, well i was going to hire a Kanga with a 4 in 1 bucket they were asking $230 per day (8 Hrs) plus i have to refuel it and if anything goes wrong i have to pay for all the repairs.

So it looks like ill be back on the shovel, only 4 cubic metres to move about :pointhead :Banghead :badidea

Cheerio

Alex

FarmerAlex

Occupation
UPDATE, the baler i have is going to be cut up and made into a new machine, will post pics of what happens.