1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Hayes trucks in the logging industry

Discussion in 'Forestry Equipment' started by Hayesno1, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Greatwestcam

Greatwestcam Senior Member

Driver/Mechanic
    Has a 400 Cummins and 15 spd trans. one more, shared pics Glens pic.jpg

075, doublewide, Woodsey and 5 others like this.
  2. sanchez04

sanchez04 Member

We prefer to use timber lorries from Scania AB because they are the most reliable in a comparison with all others. Or maybe it's just our habits, you know, when you drive a certain truck in forestry business and know every single button and trigger in it, and where to put all the logging equipment - it's not so simple to change your preferences to something else.

3. Hayesno1

Hayesno1 Senior Member

Project manager
    Not logging trucks but still Hayes. I found these 2 Hayes HDX bed trucks on the internet. They are for sale in Chile. The green HDX seems to have a Pacific cab

42D00CF0-5751-4B3C-9D14-F3BB2053117F.jpeg F11EACA1-A7C0-446B-853F-C86EC7CC3047.jpeg

4. HDX

HDX Senior Member

The HDX with the green cab is or at least WAS the H149 from Juskatla and then Franklin. Was sold by Hayes Forest back in 2007 There is a couple more EX Hayes Forest trucks running around down there as well Would have to see more pictures of the other HDX to maybe identify.

Hayesno1 likes this.
  5. Hayesno1

Hayesno1 Senior Member

Project manager
    Thanks for info. The green color is easily recognizable. I should have said to myself that it was # H149. I'm sorry there is only one picture of each on the website.

6. Hayesno1

Hayesno1 Senior Member

Project manager
    Here is a Hayes Clipper 200 for sale. Look closely at left it looks like an old Hayes COE.

CE14AF5E-E888-40EA-BAF2-32588BDA81C8.jpeg

075, 72hayes and wiggle wagon like this.
  7. HDX

HDX Senior Member

Hayesno1, It just that down there would be the last place you would expect to see one of these trucks. There is also a few other ex Hayes forest trucks down that way as well. I have seen pictures from there that would indicate at least 3-4 others there. As for the Clipper COE, You are right on the money, that is what she is alright.. From a collectors point , It would be well worth picking them both up.. I would but their distance away would be the deal breaker thanks for posting these pictures

dirty4fun and Hayesno1 like this.
  8. mountainskidder

mountainskidder Active Member

Speaking of Hayes COE, thought I should dust off my Domans file to share a pic of #275 circa 1970s. Domans Transport had six or eight of these COEs in their fleet... in fact, I was still loading lumber on these guys back in the early 1980s. And when the scales were closed, I seem to remember loading the **** out of them. HDX... I think they are all in the boneyard now.
    [​IMG]

9. HDX

HDX Senior Member

Well I guess a road trip is in order LOL Is Sarge still around from time to time do you know? Was good when Ken was in the Dispatch Shack Could always go for a BS with him LOL. My uncle, Andy drove for them for a long time as well as Ian, Great bunch of guys

Mother Deuce likes this.
  10. mountainskidder

I think Sarge comes around every once in a while... Dave L and Pudge B are retied and still make the rounds. Surely is the ned of an era!

11. mountainskidder

Here's another image from the Domans file... I think this old girl might be from OB Logging from up mid-coast... they used to contract for Domans.
    [​IMG]

12. HDX

HDX Senior Member

It sure is

13. HDX

HDX Senior Member

Hayesno1 The two truck pictures of the HDX's for sale in Chile are Top one is EX M&B H149 and the bottom one Red & White is also EX M&B H107 from Franklin River. Had to use the Zoom thing to make sure YUP is H107

dirty4fun and Hayesno1 like this.
  14. Welder Dave

Welder Dave Senior Member

It is amazing how much is known of all the Hayes and Pacific trucks. I'm sure an encyclopedia could be written!

diamondtguy and HDX like this.
  15. Hayesno1

Hayesno1 Senior Member

Project manager
    I do hope somebody will restore them. Not many left of the old COE's!!!

16. Hayesno1

Hayesno1 Senior Member

Project manager
    Thanks HDX, what number did #H107 have when it was running for Hayes Forrest? Was it #T1036. Some Pictures of #H149 when running for Hayes Forrest as unit #T1145. Summer 2005 at Sarita.

Canada26072005 415.jpg Canada26072005 416.jpg

72hayes and dirty4fun like this.
  17. Hank R

Hank R Senior Member

Retired Truck driver and School bus driver
    My friend Rob spotted this Hayes at noon time near Whitecourt Alberta it just came out of Blue Ridge. 77.jpg 78.jpg 79.jpg

18. Hank R

Hank R Senior Member

Just a thought the cooler could be used for a 6 pack

19. Hank R

Hank R Senior Member

A friend sent to me looks like the same Hayes above. 84.jpg

72hayes and Hayesno1 like this.
  20. Knocker of rock

Knocker of rock Well-Known Member

Looks to have a shorter wheelbase?