1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Have You Been BANNED????

Discussion in 'Support' started by Steve Frazier, Sep 23, 2006.

1. Steve Frazier

Steve Frazier Founder

I've been receiving a number of emails from members who get a message saying they have been banned when trying to log in. We do not ban any member here without informing them there has been an infraction, and we try to work things out if that's the case. The last thing we want to do is ban someone.

If you do come upon the message that you have been banned, log out and then log in again. There may be a problem with your cookies that the Board doesn't recognize. If you still have trouble, click the "Contact Us" icon at the bottom of each page and let me know.

New members, be sure to respond to the email verification link that is sent to you. You will not be permitted to post until you complete that step and it may be why you are receiving the "banned" message.

Thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2006
    Tarhe Driver likes this.
  2. Steve Frazier

Steve Frazier Founder

I had this happen to me tonight. Somehow I had become logged off while surfing the site and when I tried to post the message that I had been banned came up. I noticed in the upper right corner of the page that my log in information wasn't there, but the log in slots were. I logged in again and I was fine. I'm looking in to why this happens, but until then just log in again and you'll be back on track.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Tarhe Driver likes this.
  3. Squizzy246B

Squizzy246B Administrator

Digger Driver
    Steve, if you ran Windows cleanup, some of the registry cleaners, spyware removal tools or you cleaned out your cookies then you will have to log back in and get a new cookie so the Board recognises you and logs you in.

This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between posts. Please try again in 12 seconds.:confused: :rolleyes:

4. Squizzy246B

Digger Driver
    The banned message is a bit rough though:cool:

5. Steve Frazier

Steve Frazier Founder

I agree. Unfortunately, it seems to be a vBulletin program default. I haven't been able to locate the spot where I can change it and soften it a bit. I'll keep looking.

6. Squizzy246B

Digger Driver
    Trying to PM

Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /Forum/private.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Got this one today just trying to send a PM:confused:

7. digger242j

digger242j Administrator

Self employed excavator
    I have no idea why you'd have gotten that, but has the problem gone away, or are you still getting that? (I jst used the PM system with no problem, so I'm wondering if it's something that was all across the board, or limited to you.)

8. Squizzy246B

Digger Driver
    Seems to be working now...I sent Jeff a test message and that went off without a hitch. i checked to see if I was logged in proper and that was cool:confused:

9. Steve Frazier

Steve Frazier Founder

There were a few minutes yesterday that the server seemed to be down. I got some strange messages myself about the files being unavailable. Hopefully it was just a minor quirk.

10. xkvator

xkvator Senior Member

I've been Banned from using the microwave, after I heated up chili, yesterday...

11. Grader4me

Grader4me Senior Member

You are lucky..I've been banned from eating chili...creates gas problems:eek: Sorry to highjack

Last edited: Dec 8, 2006
  12. Alicehusty

Alicehusty Banned

Hi, this is Alice. I am new to this site and feel that it is better than many of the sites I have visited earlier. I went through this thread and feel that the issue is quite a serious one. Hope it gets sorted soon enough.

13. digger242j

digger242j Administrator

Self employed excavator
    Thanks. One of the ways we keep it better is to proactively ban users who give fraudulent location information in the location line of their registration, or whose IPs are known to be associated with spammers.

Bye-bye. :ban

14. SeaMac

SeaMac Senior Member

Semi-Retired Electrical, General and Engineering C
    I haven't been banned but I also haven't received an email verification link to follow. Would like to be able to post too. I found this forum a year ago and find it very informative, finally decided to join and would enjoy being able to post. Thanks...

15. qball

qball Senior Member

local 150 operator
    wow, it's been quite some time since the last time i was banned.
    yay-me!

16. Brandt

Brandt Well-Known Member

Why can't I reply in the "For Sale" section?

17. mitch504

mitch504 Senior Member

The header for that forum says you can't reply there, you have to reply by PM, but, occasionally, you can

18. funwithfuel

funwithfuel Senior Member

Mechanic
    :):):):):):):):);):):):):):):):)
    I had help

19. highwayghost

highwayghost Senior Member

Emissions Analyst
    Good to know that even the Admin gets banned from time to time. I won't feel as bad when they're 'running me outta town on a rail'. :oops:

Last edited: May 22, 2020
    funwithfuel likes this.