• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Have a 3500 ditchwitch with the f3 1011 motor is there a timing belt for the vales motor turn but no vales moving new to this type motor

Junior1

ok will look an see monday an thanks for the imfor from you both , Ok is there a timing mark or a way to tim it ?

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
That's an interference fit engine, if you've broke the timing belt it's likely you've either bent the valve pushrods or valves, or both. Timing belt should be replaced on Deutz 1011 and 2011 engines every 2K to 3K hours to avoid this from happening. You need to remove the valve cover and check your valve train, and if it has a bent valve then you'll need to pull the head to inspect for piston crown damage. Timing requires special pins from Deutz and timing belt tension indicator to set proper tension of the belt as the tensioner is not self adjusting.

Tyler d4c

You need timing pins to time it most likely new push rods also its good practice to replace the tensioner pulley too a kit with everything you need can be bought

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
And if I recall correctly, unless someone previously removed it, there's a tamper proof screw at the bottom of the timing cover, seems I recall it's a 5 lobe tamper proof torx. Standard 6 lobe torx bits won't remove it. Don't recall what size it is.

Junior1

OK thanks will check pushrods hope they are fine but my luck they be trash lol ,The cost for full timing kit i have found is about $700 bucks is this the standard price ?

ozarkag

Kit from Bobcat lists for $221. . .
And figure on 4 pushrods. And valve cover gasket and timing pin set.

ozarkag

Oh, and new rocker bolts. They are supposed to fail first when the belt breaks and things clatter in there, but seems push rods bend too.

Junior1

Have checked vales an rods all good Luckly , now y could you not use a toque wrench for belt tension settings hate to by the adjuster for belt tension for one time use have checked around an no one has it here.May have to bite an buy one lol to hang on wall for never use again to be sold for penny's when i die lol, thanks for feed back you guys have been very helpful .

heymccall

Sounds like a fuel supply issue. The pickup tube, screen line out of tank and fitting into fuel filter are all suspect for blockage.