• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Haulotte Brand Boom Lifts and Telehandlers

clansing1

I am looking at purchasing a 80' RT 4x4 Telescoping Boom Lift. I've seen some of these Haulotte Brand Lifts and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them.

I can buy a unit with under a 1000 hours for less money than a Genie or JLG with 4-5 K hours. They are powered by Deutz motors.

They are the world's 3rd largest manufacturer of lifts (I would assume JLG and Genie are the top 2), made in France, and are supposed to be well designed and built. They are big in Europe and are trying to get a foot hold in the USA.

My only concern is getting parts.

Thanks in advance.

barklee

My experience is limited but i would say avoid! I almost bought one because the price was right and it needed a few things repaired. I ended up after days of trying never even speaking to anyone that could get parts let alone a price on parts! From the one i looked at they are built lighter than a JLG or Genie, they use a sub standard controller, and if i remember correctly basic analog wiring (not that thats all bad). I would spend a little more cash on a north american brand. They are priced the way they are for a reason! Look into a Snorkel, very good machine and a little cheaper.
I have a couple of 80's i would sell if you want to PM me and let me know the particulars of what you are looking for

clansing1

I had the same experience when calling for parts on the Haulotte. I only get voice mails or passed to another location. I am looking for an 80+ plus working height, 4x4, diesel, with about 4000 hours.