1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Harvesting spring wheat in Montana

Discussion in 'Agricultural Operations' started by EdB, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Hendrik

Hendrik Senior Member

I would imagine that they are trying to get more dealers but that is not an easy thing with most established dealers selling red or green (and perhaps yellow http://www.myclaas.com/press/index.aspx?lexion ).

2. North Texan

North Texan Well-Known Member

Fiat owns Case New Holland.

AGCO is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia and is its own corporation.

I'm sure AGCO would like to have a larger dealership network, but they have two problems. One is outside of the tracked challenger tractors sold at Caterpillar dealerships, they have several tractor brands, but none of them are very popular in the U.S. Without a wide variety of equipment to sell and work on, especially tractors, its difficult to make a dealership work. Combines are seasonal. Here in my part of the world, wheat harvest takes about 3 weeks. The rest of the year, there isn't a combine running. Tractors, if not running year round, will be running almost year round. Tractors are what makes the dealership profitable. Unless AGCO can make their tractor line more appealing to farmers, they aren't going to have a dealership network anywhere close to CNH or Deere.

3. Monte1255

Monte1255 Senior Member

Farming/forestry/TSI
    getting back to the gleaner combines..........regardless of what style they build axial rotor or cross rotor, I sincerely hope that gleaner does well. I've owned agco's and whites for years and feel that another option would be good.:usa