• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Halitrrax

mic

I have a New Zealand built track loader with a vickers TA1919V20r pump, the charge pump pressure is 190psi, when you go forward the pump starts to rock that badly that it seems that the motor and pump are going to break of the engine mounts, if you drop the revs it most time stops rocking. Change filter checked suction line, checked relief valve, cleaned hydraulic tanks and I can not find a strainer on suction line to charge pump. any ideas cheers mic

f311fr1

Is this a charge pump or drivr transmisson issue? Here in the US these pumps are no longer built by Eaton Vickers but aftermarket versions and parts are still available.

mic

Hi it is the hydrostatic pump, cavitation same noise on a demo pump on youtube, some one removed the original southcott pump and installed the vickers pump to the existing plumbing. The charge goes threw a valve block that does the curl and tilt [6 way bucket] then to a filter and finally into the hydro pump. The next thing I will do is run the charge straight to the filter them to the hydro pump. cheers mic

lantraxco

I have to ask, does this have mechanical linkage to the pumps? We had a similar problem on a machine where the linkage was mounted to the frame at one end and the engine and pumps floated on rubber mounts. The mounts got weak and stroking the pumps would cause the high pressure lines to flex and move the pumps opposite to the linkage, setting up an oscillation that kept getting worse until you let go of the controls. New stiffer mounts solved the problem.

lantraxco

If the charge pressure stays pretty much steady throughout, maybe a slight drop when starting to move, that usually indicates the pumps and motors are not in too bad a shape.

mic

It seems to be the hydrostatic pump, all though on start up there seems to be a metal gear grating sound that goes away when it starts. cheers mic

mic

It has power to push up a fire pile and spin the tracks under load and does not get the cavitation rocking, seems to do it less in reverse does the design in general have the same characteristics as a ride on mower were the reverse speed is slower than the forward. The cavitation did not happen with it up on blocks, cheers mic

mic

RE read your reply I will look at that and yes it has mechanical linkages thanks mic

mic

Replaced rubber mounts, fixed linkage dampers , re plumbed charge direct to pump, checked replenishing relief valves and springs 2 of the valves show signs of ware. Still rocks out off control if not careful, whole thing ran great for first 5mins then when the oil warms up off it goes, any idea

mic

Could anyone tell me were the id plate is mounted on a vickers ta1919v20r pump, my pump is mounted upside down, with the drain at the top cheers

mic

I don't know or really understand is this a hydraulic problem, I gave the pintle shaft a feel and could not feel any play cheers

f311fr1

Look on page 18 of the catalog for suggested circuits. Speed or flow should be the same in both directions unless a stoke limiting slug has been installed in the reverse control piston bore. I have also attached the repair manual. Do you think that the engine/pump coupler could be worn to the point to cause your problem. The old Vickers pumps had a metal tag rivited to the housing. The last 10-15 years they used a stick on paper tag.

Attachments

• TA1919 catalog.pdf
    802.4 KB · Views: 1
  • ta19 single trans. pump overhaul manual m-2839-s.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 1

mic

Thanks for the manuals, didn't have the overhaul manual. There is a second number stamped into mounting point TA1919V20R 20142896 I think that it is a part number replenish check valve has were on the needle on both sides of the pump, this could explain the forward reverse variation cheers

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
Where about in Oz are you mic?

f311fr1

142896 = old assembly #02-142896 = TA1919V20 R 2 B R 09 C C 21. Look at page 18 of the catalog for what the model # means. You should have aftermarket sources in NZ or AU. I know there are sources in the US. Google the the model #. There should be a second line under the first line to give the complete model #.

Last edited: