• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Gudday from Down Under

Coastiebro

Occupation
Ex diesel mechanic now contractor
Hope Santa delivered this Christmas

I have finally joined up after seeing that there are other "like minded people" out there! ... my wife still doesn't believe me!

Ex Heavy Diesel Mechanic, have worked Europe, USA and my home here in NZ, one day I may write a book, but for now I am making a living as an owner operator.

Cheers

Matt

Scrub Puller

Yair . . .

Coastiebro. Seasons greetings mate!

Lots of good folks on here with a wealth of real life knowledge.

There are some Aussies and some Kiwis here and I find it fascinating how folks do things differently in different parts of the world.

Cheers.

Coastiebro

Occupation
Ex diesel mechanic now contractor
Cheers for that Scrub Puller,

Will start posting Pictures soon of some of the jobs here, I am only a small one man band with a Cat 311 Cu and Komatsu PX 31-21 (replacing my old Allis Charmers HD6), do mostly farm work (tracks, ponds, contouring, fence lines) not much flat ground here so mostly done on the side of a hill. A lot of logging (yarders) in this area also.

My 311 is parked at home here and pulled the pump out as suspected pump coupler issue. Now waiting for tooling from CAT to fit new rear main while pump out, coupler lasted 12,249 hrs which I think is ok.

Cheers

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
I have finally joined up after seeing that there are other "like minded people" out there! ... my wife still doesn't believe me!
Cheers

Matt

You can assure her that the infection is wide spread.

People here from just about every known and some unknown parts of the globe, would not surprise me to see a post someday soon from one of the Mars explorers. Actually was talking just this morning with a guy from NZ! He has been here in the USA for several years worked in a salt mine for years and for the last several years run a 980G loader for the company I just retired from, now he is running a Komatsu Hoe with extended boom cleaning out settling ponds for the quarries the company runs in New York State.