• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Grove TM120T

Ben Myers

Hello- I am new here. I searched and didn't find much, so here it goes....

Just bought an old Grove TM120T for private use around farm and possibly to set trusses on some pole buildings, etc. I realize this is small talk compared to what the big guys are using, and it is an old crane.

I am looking for some some info on the crane and possibly any repair manuals/other manuals that may be available. I got a PDF online that has some very basic info along with the load charts/angles on it.

This crane is a 15T, 62' of boom with a 20' jib. It has a cummins 555 for the truck engine (not desirable, I know), and a Ford 300 inline 6 to run the crane.

I plan to get this thing cleaned up and repainted, and keep it around for personal use. It seems to be very well made. Hydraulics are strong on it. Recently had the main boom cylinders rebuilt, newer cable, etc.

I appreciate the help. I will try and post some pictures soon.

My email is benjaminh.myers@gmail.com

Thanks,

Ben

Ben Myers

Thanks for the welcome. Short answer on that is no, not really. I plan to get some reading material and study up on the basics. I have practiced some with the crane and have a couple small things I’ll probably move first as more practice.