• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Grove RT60S no longer drives.

ichudov

I have a Grove RT60S crane.

Everything used to work and it drove around.

At some point I noticed that sometimes I have to put it in and out of Drive gear to make it go. But it was all OK.

Now it sat for like 3-4 months, I started it occasionally and the batteries were charged. However, it no longer wants to drive. If I put it in drive gear, it shakes a bit, wanting to go, moves maybe 2 inches and no further. It is as if it lost all its driving strength.

Any idea why this might be happening and what should I check.

Thanks guys, you are awesome!

Knepptune

Transmission fluid.

Should be a metal pipe.coming out of the bottom, right side if your under the crane facing the front of the transmission. The cap is actually a dipstick. just like any other transmission check the fluid with the engine running.

Knepptune

Could be a number of things. Could be a slow leak, could be transmission fluid leaking into the hydraulic system somewhere.

If your not losing much fluid, I wouldn't worry about it to much.

ichudov

OK, I started it now and amazingly, it does drive. On the previous try, when it would not drive, the weather was freezing and now it is like 50 degrees outside. I am guessing that some valve froze.

Knepptune

The transmission filter is very freeze prone. Have you changed that.

The filter is remote mounted between the transmission and the torque converter.