• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Grove RT 880e boom scoping

that guy

So, I am at a company that has a Grove RT 880e crane. When you go to scope out the boom it does not telescope, but only extends one section then stops..... I see no switches or controls for settings and can find nothing in the manual regarding telescoping the boom beyond the location of the pedal! Please point out the obvious the I can not send to find here! Thanks

Knepptune

The rt880s don’t have a and b mode. That’s the 70’s and 90’s. the 80 has a valve that trips at the end of the base section. It’s on the operator side of the boom. The bracket that goes inside the boom is what trips the valve to feed the next section. It’s adjustable, move it towards the back of the crane 1/2” or so and see if it works.