• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

GROVE MZ66 - Basket Rotating Seal?

MX45

Afternoon Fellas,

I have a significant oil leak while running and then when standing from the rotating section under the basket. Clearly I need to repair this if I can. While I have carried out some repairs I have not done anything ever with removal of a basket and then replacing what I presume will be an oil seal or or ring underneath the basket to contain the hydraulic oil flow?

I will go an take some photos and attach shortly in a following post to see if anyone understands what needs to be done and if it is reasonable to do so???

I do have a Kubota bucket I could lift the basket off with but I am working alone?

Thanks in anticipation of your thoughts/experiences here,

MX45

The two round sections bolted together rotate on the bottom cylinder. Trouble is I don't know what I need to avoid if I pull the bolts and remove the basket - what might occur ??? Best advices please and if really difficult I might have to retire the machine?

MX45

OR - is this straight forward and I should not be terrified of breaking or moving something critical?