• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Grove GMK 4075 counterweight holder lever

sam123

Do you know when is the counterweight holder lever in use? and what is the counterweight holder lever use for anyways? when full counterweights installed, it doesn't seems like the counterweight holder lever engages with the counterweight base plate hook? can any one help me out. I have a picture of the mobile crane with the counterweight holder lever. i"m still new to mobile crane. Thank you guys.Grove GMK 4075 conterweight holder lever.JPG

crane operator

Its hard to tell from the picture, but is it possible that it has a proximity switch, and you adjust it to counterweight height, with the height of the lever, making a signal- telling the computer how much counterweight the crane has mounted?

Some of them just have a proximity switch, to indicate that the counterweight is fully raised, and will signal if the cylinders allow it to droop. (Liebherr)

I've run a gmk 4070, but it didn't have that on it.

I'm sure it isn't to hold the counterweight up, that's all from the top cylinders.

Operators manual is going to be your friend on this one, may have to contact dealer.

Some clearer pictures of the arm and what it's mounted to/ wiring would help.

Kiwi-truckwit

I'm not sure on the TMS as they aren't really common here, but on the Grove mobiles it simply prevents the counterweight from rocking around when mounted. 15052618079051233075294.jpg