• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Grove boom lift problems

Mark Steiner

I have a Grove AMZ-50-HD. It has the O.E.M Controls transmitter setup. A few problems with this machine. No basket controls at all. The communication led is flashing on the lower control box and upper unit has 2 leds that are working. The power and ground are both good and I tried bypassing the 2 wire communication circuit with no success. Cleaned all connections, checked two diodes and one capacitor in upper basket electrical enclosure. Nothing. Lower controls work. Any suggestions?

My other issue is the machine won't move. When the forward or reverse buttons are pressed on the lower control the valve body flexes. Seems like fluid is leaving the valve body but blocked somewhere. I don't know though, maybe it's internal to the valve body. I have not tried disassembling it yet. Its a 2wd. I jacked up the machine and both drive wheels rotate freely. Anything common to look for on these lifts?

I"m also trying to locate a solenoid valve coil for the steering. It's a 12vdc D1VW 4CKKF 59. Any other good sources for a coil other than trying to find an oem?

Thanks for any help.