1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Grove AMZ46NE manlift

Discussion in 'Other Construction/Demolition Equipment' started by tool_king, Oct 1, 2010.

1. tool_king

tool_king Senior Member

road mechanic owner
    The batteries were charging for two days straight . After I put the tac drive in. I switch joysticks with the telescope to see if it was the joystick not working right. But no luck .I forgot to check the voltage with the machine jacked up.To what happens.All other functions work great but the drive .Machine does the same thing forwards or backwards.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2011
  2. willie59

willie59 Administrator

Service Manager
    All I know is what I've found by experience. In most cases, when you have problems with electrical machines, one of the first things you need to establish is that the supply voltage is good, static and under load. On a 48V machine, you could have just one cell on one battery defective and it can affect drive operation. On electric machines, low voltage or battery problems will affect drive before it affects other machine functions because drive is typically the only operation controlled by motor contoller, such as a Sevcon, and a motor controller will shut down drive motors if the voltage drops below a certain point.

3. tool_king

tool_king Senior Member

road mechanic owner
    ATCOEQUIP
    I was thinking the same thing that night when I got home.I will have to go back to the machine .I will do the voltage test ,battery cell test and load test on the batteries. At least the machine is a heated garage not out in the snow.

4. willie59

willie59 Administrator

Service Manager
    I hope you have some luck with it. I really don't know what to tell you on that machine, have no experience with them. :)

5. bobb

bobb Well-Known Member

Mechanic
    bataweez, bataweez, bataweez. gotta have good bataweez. the lifeblood of eclectic machines.

6. Barrelmaker

Barrelmaker New Member

Just a thought but have you disengaged the travel pin locks on each hub? They're located behind a cover plate in the outside center of the wheel.