• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Grizzly Trucks

Woodsey

Occupation
Driver
Well I had some luck with a couple guys. One thing led to another and I got hold of Bob. He is just southeast of Edmonton. He has what you need for a front end for your project and more. 1-780-467-4466.

diamondtguy

Occupation
machine fitter/fabricator
Cool...so I can phone him??..Does Woodsey have a first name or do I need it.....
Thanks.

Woodsey

Occupation
Driver
Dtg. Yeah its good to call. His name is Bob and he is expecting your call.

diamondtguy

Occupation
Well its funny how things play out..Two minutes after I posted my last message I got a e-mail from a craigs list want add I had up.Guy has the exact front axle I am looking in a F-250 4x4.I have to buy the whole truck but it comes with a Dana 60 rear,another Dana 70 rear,transfer case and a large pile of spare parts.Truck even has a forestry service box on it..I will end up with all the little things I would be hunting for..
Truck is under $2,000 and is only 20 minutes from home.
I will sell off what I don't need and it will be all good..
I will not be able to get the truck till sat and will post the results.Thank you to all that have been looking for a axle for me.
Woodsey...if this doesn't pan out for some reason I will call Bob and work something out..Thanks

Woodsey

Occupation
Driver
Well if that don't beat all. In an earlier post I had mentioned there were a couple guys I was waiting on for an axle. Seems there was a fellow supposed to be making payments on the pickup but if he failed to make any more the pickup would be available. This afternoon I got a call from a searcher saying the truck was available. He knew a few days ago but lost my number. The owner got hold of you anyways. Nice how that worked out. The guy that called me today is married to George Boulet's granddaughter. He works with a guy whose dad worked at Pacific. Last name Coleman. I believe you were meant to have that pickup.

diamondtguy

Occupation
Interesting how thing work out and what a small world it can be at times...
I remember George Boulet very well..
I will be very good to the Grizzly and I will treat her well...I don't have a habit of giving my stuff nicknames but I accidently one night (rye induced) called the Grizzly "Bart" after Bart the Bear...I have a huge fascination and fondness for Grizzly/Kodiak and Brown bears...

Woodsey

Occupation
Driver
Well, the project can continue now. I am looking forward to seeing the "bear" when finished.

diamondtguy

Occupation
Very miserable day here but I went for a drive and paid for the truck..I know have my front axle along a lot of spare goodies.Will try and get the truck home in the next week or so...
I now have all the major parts so I can relax and go back to my other projects..The Grizzly will be hibernating till spring..

diamondtguy

Occupation
HDX....The truck is out in First Nation's land so prestine it is not.The radiator is sitting on the front seat and I believe the interior is a lovely butterscotch color..I have seen your trucks and this seat does not qualify ...

Woodsey

Occupation
Driver
DTG- I am working on getting those Diamond-T pictures from my cell phone to my computer. It will happen eventually. If you have the frame, box and rear axle left over I am looking for those bits for a utility trailer. If you are interested, spring time sounds ok to me.

diamondtguy

Occupation
HDX...Just so I know....What color are you looking for and cloth or vynal..
Woodsey...I will let you know what is left..

diamondtguy

Occupation
If anyone knows other Grizzly owners please direct them to this thread..Would be nice to here some storys and get some more pictures of the trucks over the years...I know Art has done a lot of work on his truck,lots of new aluminum and stainless body panels..
I am working on some more info from another source..I will post it when I receive it..

diamondtguy

Occupation
Still learning about these trucks,gathering info and CSI'ing the pictures.As far as I know this is probably truck number two...It is also a automatic...I have looked at the pictures more closely and can see it is not a 4wd but a 2wd..It sits much higher than mine..I suspect they realized there mistake as they put my axles on top of the springs instead of under them as most trucks have..I will correct that....As far as I know this truck is alive and well..

Pacific-Truck-Company (2).jpg

skadill

grizzly

was given this pic from a friend a few years ago.no background on it,other than in BC

Attachments

• HPIM6384 (Medium).jpg
    HPIM6384 (Medium).jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 726

diamondtguy

Occupation
That looks like Art's truck...
I was searching for pics this morning and was going through the pages of the 90th Hayes reunion stuff on Hanks truck site.It seems there was three Grizzlys there.One of them I had just heard about from Cam a week or so ago.It is a Black 1993 and lives in Qualicum..I wont post a pic from Hanks site with out permission so I will see if I can find some more...

I have heard about one that is seen in Gibsons from time to time...Need to make some phone calls

diamondtguy

Occupation
So I e-mailed Hank S and asked permission to use the pic and he sent me a high resolution copy of it..Thank you Hank..
So...another one found..I will make some phone calls on Monday about this truck.

20120701_DSC_5096.jpg