• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Grizzly Trucks

Will_M

I have reached the end of my abilities on the rebuild. I hauled the truck over to a local shop this morning, they will be taking care of the body repair, paint, interior, and other items left on my list.
Im not sure about time line, I'm going to have the truck on the road later this summer though.
Hopefully I'm not being too optimistic!20210610_095528.jpg 20210610_095242.jpg

diamondtguy

Occupation
machine fitter/fabricator
Need some help.....A while ago i noticed the grizzly's volt meter bouncing in the 14-16 range..Four days later both batterys were dead..I recharged them and they died again.I recharged them and unplugged the voltage reg and they were fine...I changed the reg and it didnt help..Got a new alt and my friend ran some tests..Truck was hitting 17.5 volts and the original battery is down to 580 CCA's..I changed the alt tonight and the truck is still over charging...No welding sparks when you disconect the batterys...I am at a loss......TIA

Its dark out now so i went and disconnected the batterys.....no sparks..

Last edited:

Will_M

I checked in with the shop today, disassembly is well underway. We should be able to reuse the running boards and the compartment doors under the back seat but the door frames will need to be replaced. Sandblasting will hopefully start by the end of the week to see how much of the steel body panels needs to be replaced.
My wife also had a Grizzly key chain made for me/ the truck. 20210804_114749.jpg 20210804_105606.jpg 20210804_105558.jpg

diamondtguy

Occupation
I got the Grizzly fixed today..I wired in a relay to clean up the signal to the voltage regulator and give it a accurate battery reading..It was a double win as my bouncing voltmeter has stopped as well as the over charging..There was something wrong with either the voltage regulator or the alternator as the battery drainage has stopped...The were both replaced prior to the relay fix..grizzly 002 (176).JPG grizzly 001 (171).JPG stuff 004 (2).JPG

diamondtguy

Occupation
When i was on Van Isl. looking at the not yet mine Grizzly I noticed it had been painted blue at one time,(it is still blue inside the side cabinets).Jean said it was painted blue for a movie..They moved production to Toronto and wanted the owners to ship the stuff there at there expense...That was the end of that..Jean then wanted her truck painted yellow again.I have never found a picture of it blue..Another new Grizzly owner who works for the movies found this pic for me.....Interesting

i001225665.jpg

diamondtguy

Occupation
Took the Grizzly to Langley on friday night..Huge get together every friday at A&W...Spent the night talking about the truck.Never did get a chance to go look at the cars...Was a good night tho.I was parked in the lot next door and it filled to the max as well.

friday 001.JPG friday 002.JPG 20210828_092935.jpg

diamondtguy

Occupation
When we were doing all the diagnostic stuff on the charging system we found the original battery was down on CCA's..Started life at 950 and was down to low 500's..Truck starts fine as i have dual battery's but last night i put a fresh 950 CCA battery in it....You can see the blue paint inside the cabinet..Air lines and wires are for the compressor in there for my exhaust brake.
grizzly 002 (178).JPG

Will_M

20211026_100644.jpg
I stopped in at the shop today to see how things are progressing on the truck.
Rust repair/ rebuild is coming along nicely. Tentative timeline is to have all the sheet metal fixed, the cab sandblasted and in for paint by the end of November.

Will_M

I thought about changing the color but with this truck being the only burgundy one, I decided to stick with it.

We've picked out a real nice shade of burgundy that's probably going to be pretty close to the original color when it was new but with metallic fleck in it.
The front fenders, running boards, and deck will be semi gloss black.

diamondtguy

Occupation
a friend was over today and wanted to go for a ride in the Grizzly.I phoned another friend to see if he was home and we went for a ride and a visit.My friend told me to lock the hubs at the bottom of his driveway..He has long up hill gravel drive way with some corners..Currently packed with snow and ice..Anyways put the truck in 4 low and all was good.First time I have used the 4wd.

thumbnail_IMG_1235.jpg

Will_M

Sheet metal is all done. New clearance lights and air horns have been mocked up and holes drilled on the roof. Last update I got a couple of days ago said the body was almost all sanded and ready for primer. Air ride seats for the front were hopefully getting placed last weekend and we’re trying to figure out a way to mount the back seat out of an extended cab truck in the back so it can still fold up out of the way.

I’m hoping to stop by the shop on Friday to see how it’s going and get some more pictures, I’ll post them when I do.