• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Grizzly Trucks

diamondtguy

Occupation
machine fitter/fabricator
WD....you pretty much nailed it on the head....and no the GM is not a part owner..The last line in your post has been discussed a few times...

diamondtguy

Occupation
My well off friend has already asked me what I need in the way of a building and equipment..He will supply anything needed...I am just keeping this in the back of my head for now.....Options are good...

And....I had the truck out today.Clutch pedal mods worked well.Still trying to find the sweet spot.I have been told that because it's hyd I will probably never get it where I like..I just need to make sure I get the throw on the pedal right...A longer pedal may be in the works....

Welder Dave

If the GM is costing the business a multi-million dollar contract seems like a no brainer to me... give him the boot(s)! How did the GM get the job and somehow keep it?

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
DTG,
You are correct in the fact that a hydraulic clutch will never feel and or act like a mechanical linkage clutch will. I have fought that in many of my race cars and although a hydraulic is a lot more simple to set up they just never work the same.
I am struggling with that currently.

diamondtguy

Occupation
Mary and I took the truck for a 1 hour drive tonight.I wanted some more seat time and check out how well the heater works and a few other things.All went well.Mary was quite comfortable and warm.Getting settled into driving it which is nice...Headlights need some tweaking but all is good.I got the box ready today for my wheel well delete plates and will install them tomorrow...
And.....clutch needs a little more stroke...easy adjustment....

grizzly 002 (128).JPG

diamondtguy

Occupation
Yes...very happy with the way it looks and its stance...It sure was a lot of work......

DBDLS

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Looking good Cory. You might want to switch the headlights over to LED’s. Did it on my vehicle and now it lights up the highway signs in the middle of the day.

diamondtguy

Occupation
I have looked into them after seeing them on the rotator tow truck we used doing some lifts for the press...They are expensive but I have no doubt the truck will end up with a set on it....

diamondtguy

Occupation
Put the covers on today over where the rusty wheel tubs were..One side was straight forward and the other side was a pia due to much more rubber still on the deck .None the less I got them on.I think in the spring I will get some aluminum sides formed up to cover it all up.The box really is a mess inside...
The bottom is going to get a rubber mat..I need to work on that now...
Happy Thanksgiving guys.....

Grizzly 003.JPG

Blk prince

Occupation
Truck driver semi retired
Put the covers on today over where the rusty wheel tubs were..One side was straight forward and the other side was a pia due to much more rubber still on the deck .None the less I got them on.I think in the spring I will get some aluminum sides formed up to cover it all up.The box really is a mess inside...
The bottom is going to get a rubber mat..I need to work on that now...
Happy Thanksgiving guys.....

View attachment 186964
Still looking great. Happy Thanksgiving to you as well Corey and wife

diamondtguy

Occupation
So....been driving the Grizzly to the work site for a few days now.Its about a 30 or 40 mile round trip...All is good.Still making minor adjustments on things..No issues or problems to speak of..Clutch pedal still needs some attention and I suspect I will be adapting a dodge/cummins pedal to the truck when I get one...
Every one loves the truck and it certainly draws a lot of attention...
I have put about 350 miles on it and still haven't gone through the first tank of fuel....Needs more mileage pounded on.Getting to be time for a road trip....

Blk prince

Occupation
So....been driving the Grizzly to the work site for a few days now.Its about a 30 or 40 mile round trip...All is good.Still making minor adjustments on things..No issues or problems to speak of..Clutch pedal still needs some attention and I suspect I will be adapting a dodge/cummins pedal to the truck when I get one...
Every one loves the truck and it certainly draws a lot of attention...
I have put about 350 miles on it and still haven't gone through the first tank of fuel....Needs more mileage pounded on.Getting to be time for a road trip....
dtg,finally enjoying your beauty. Great news. Well done. If one come available would you buy it? Now as for work,where are you? Did you move on or still same place and same GM? If so have there been any changes?Bp

diamondtguy

Occupation
BP...I would think about it but Mary would probably read me the riot act (again) She still wants me to build her a truck..I am thinking a 50's Willys 4x4 with a 4cyl diesel.

Work...after I left the company(AAA) the machine had some bearing failures that were covered under a warranty clause.The guy I hired to help me and myself were now under the umbrella of the owner(BBB) of the machine.Now AAA is screwed..They offered to hire me back to do the repairs at more money but I have to give them a invoice.I am just sub contacting to them and void of all their problems.I still work with the head engineer/my ex boss and we don't have any issues..My helper will not work again for AAA and BBB is paying him.They will just give AAA the bill for his hours at a standard(read lots) charge out rate..
So....the warranty work is costing AAA way more than it should.
and BBB is making money off the warranty work on their own machine...
We are all still working hard at seeing this project through and having a good laugh at the stupidity of AAA
Currently about 3 days away from having the machine running again...Still cant talk about what the machine does......but I will in time.
Grizzly 003.JPG Grizzly 004.JPG

diamondtguy

Occupation
I have a long time friend who works for Thermo King and he came by yesterday with my A/C parts..He got me the Red Dot roof mount unit and a made in America compressor..I purchased the correct compressor bracket a while ago...I got a really good deal on the parts...I havent opened up the box yet and don't know when I will start the install.I have to pull the right front fender,change the bracket on the engine and may have to modify the lower rad connection so I will probably wait till spring...Till then I will collect parts....
I will look into painting the roof top unit satin black.....
Weird looking pc on the bench behind the compressor is a factory supercharger off a 1937 Graham shark nose...
grizzly 002 (133).JPG grizzly 003 (111).JPG untitled.png

Blk prince

Occupation
I have a long time friend who works for Thermo King and he came by yesterday with my A/C parts..He got me the Red Dot roof mount unit and a made in America compressor..I purchased the correct compressor bracket a while ago...I got a really good deal on the parts...I havent opened up the box yet and don't know when I will start the install.I have to pull the right front fender,change the bracket on the engine and may have to modify the lower rad connection so I will probably wait till spring...Till then I will collect parts....
I will look into painting the roof top unit satin black.....
Weird looking pc on the bench behind the compressor is a factory supercharger off a 1937 Graham shark nose...
View attachment 187621 View attachment 187622 View attachment 187623
Removal of the fender. Is that an easy task? Bp

diamondtguy

Occupation
Hey BP....yes fenders come off in about 15 minutes.Truck was built (original)with good quality plugs on the front and they are still in good shape..Its pretty straight forward.As the fenders and headlight boxes are aluminum now its not a big deal....

Sam I am

BP...I would think about it but Mary would probably read me the riot act (again) She still wants me to build her a truck..I am thinking a 50's Willys 4x4 with a 4cyl diesel.

Work...after I left the company(AAA) the machine had some bearing failures that were covered under a warranty clause.The guy I hired to help me and myself were now under the umbrella of the owner(BBB) of the machine.Now AAA is screwed..They offered to hire me back to do the repairs at more money but I have to give them a invoice.I am just sub contacting to them and void of all their problems.I still work with the head engineer/my ex boss and we don't have any issues..My helper will not work again for AAA and BBB is paying him.They will just give AAA the bill for his hours at a standard(read lots) charge out rate..
So....the warranty work is costing AAA way more than it should.
and BBB is making money off the warranty work on their own machine...
We are all still working hard at seeing this project through and having a good laugh at the stupidity of AAA
Currently about 3 days away from having the machine running again...Still cant talk about what the machine does......but I will in time.
View attachment 187219 View attachment 187220
Just wondering if you’re done airing your dirty laundry to a bunch of people who have never seen you work? Cory, I could elaborate?