• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Grizzly Trucks

diamondtguy

Occupation
machine fitter/fabricator
Not much going on in this weather...I have the twin stick shifters all sorted out for the transfer case.I had to cut the sticks off and rotate them so they are out of the way of the 5spd shifter..Typical,buy it then rework it...
Currently snowing here..

grizzly 001.jpg

grizzly 003.jpg

Starting to look like a hibernation den..

grizzly 005.jpg

diamondtguy

Occupation
diamondtguy,all the vital parts are inside and dry. That is hard to do. Enjoy the holidays. Happy New Year. Bp

Thanks BP....Top of the Season to you..

Hank...It will be a few more months before the Grizzly comes out of hibernation...

diamondtguy

Occupation
Doing OK thanks....Still no shortage of snow here.Finally went out and did some work in the den today..I have just been doing little projects and planning out the exhaust..After much thought I have decided to put stacks on the truck.I really don't want a 3 1/2 in pipe and a muffler hanging down under the truck.Stacks will be 3 1/2 diam and painted/coated satin black,ends will be square and use raincaps.As the stacks will have to be on the back side of the tool boxes I doubt cab noise will be a issue.The stacks will also stop the exhaust from blowing up dust on the dry off road stuff...That's my plan anyways....

I will post some pics tomorrow..

Blk prince

Occupation
Truck driver semi retired
Things will work out. You seem to know how. Looking at weather,it is hard to get into any project if hands get cold. I do know that. Bp

diamondtguy

Occupation
Some little projects...This is a manifold I made for the breathers on the axels,trans and transfercase..They will all be routed to it.Used a valve cover breather for the filter.

grizzly 006 (18).jpg

These are two brackets I made from aluminum.They are standoffs that will bolt to the toolboxes and then the stacks will be bolted/clamped to them...I wasn't shy with the filler rod on these.

grizzly 004 (40).jpg

diamondtguy

Occupation
I brought the Cummins 4bt/5spd assembly(for the Diamond T) home today from work..Pushing the capacity of the little F-150 but it did OK...
The frame rails and leaf springs are still attached to the engine.Thus adding a lot of weight...I wont be unwrapping it till the weather warms up a bit...
Oh ya....I have to figure out how to get it out now..

cummins 4BT 001.jpg

cummins 4BT 002.jpg

HDX

Didn't you have a really good friend with a tow truck??? I had to do that one time to get a cab out of my pick-up. Got him to back in beside my box and lift it just far enough up that I could drive ahead and then set it straight down Worked good Just an option

diamondtguy

Occupation
Yes I do have a friend with a tow truck but I was hoping not to break the seal on the shrink wrap to find the lift hooks..I live in farm country and a neighbour a mile away has a farm tractor with forks on it..The engine is strapped to a pallet so this is plan A..Plan B will be to break the seal and get the wrecker to lift it off..

This isn't the first time I did this.I brought a free tote of sand home once in the old F-250.I unloaded it with a big bobcat (now gone) and I no sooner got it off the truck and the bobcat did a nose dive...

Love this hobby....

HDX

necessity was the mother of invention LOL Whatever it takes. Whenever I get into a "Situation" that requires great thought I always remember what President Kennedy once said Success has a hundred fathers Failure is and orphan!!!!

Hank R

Occupation
Retired Truck driver and School bus driver
At least you will not be spinning out in the ice and snow on you street with the weight in the old Ford.

Blk prince

Occupation
Truck driver semi retired
Hmmm. Back up and hit brakes,not an option here. Another old truck around not being used. Run line over top and skid truck to truck. Could be heavy for forks?

diamondtguy

Occupation
Took a few days but the tractor showed up and made quick work of getting it out and on the ground.It is semi under cover now and sitting in front of the Diamond T....All is good

cummins 4bt 001.jpg

cummins 4bt 002.jpg

Back to the Grizzly I go

diamondtguy

Occupation
Nice break in the weather today so I fit the left side fender.It fit pretty good actually.I marked all the mounting holes took it back off and drilled it all out.I will do the other side tomorrow...
The rub a fender will be added after they are painted..Truck is sitting rather nose high right now as I recently hard lined the front air bags with stainless lines and charged it up for a air test..Took a couple of little repairs to get it all good.Its been sitting aired up for over a month now...

grizzly 001.jpg

grizzly 002.jpg

grizzly 003.jpg

diamondtguy

Occupation
I got my new nutserts for the front headlight boxes.I had aluminum ones and they were shearing off when crimped so I ordered steel ones.A little harder to install but good to go once installed..
I also upgraded the front park lights to new style LED ones.The old bulb style are just a single post mount style and the new ones are dual posts.Old ones broke apart when I removed them...

grizzly 001.jpg

grizzly 004.jpg

grizzly 005.jpg

My 68 is currently getting wet sanded and polished and I am told I can bring it home next week (not holding my breath)Garage space for Grizzly stuff will be almost nill...Need to get all this stuff done quickly...

the 68 002 (9).jpg

Last edited:

diamondtguy

Occupation
Couple pics of the truck I just found on Mary's phone..Wrong tires and wheels but sitting in its new 4x4 stance..Elevation change of the truck is obvious from its prior 2wd stance......

And yes...I see the crooked Cummins name plate on the left side..

thumbnail_DSC_0059.jpg thumbnail_DSC_0060.jpg

dirty4fun

Nice to see how much you have done, and sitting outside in the sun. Looks like you are getting closer to having it ready to start up.