• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Grey Market Excavator relabiling

hiluxman

I have noticed on some websites Grey Market excavator labeld and painted to look newer loike a Ex220-2 hitachi repainted to look like a Zx200-3 and a Cat e70 Panited to look like a 307D has anyone noticed this

lonkinggroup

I guess it is a marketing strategy, they try to make them good and sell them at better price.

Hendrik

I guess it is a marketing strategy, they try to make them good and sell them at better price.
Kinda like taking the design of an established manufacturer like for instance Caterpillar and then copying that design to make people think they are buying a machine that is built like a Cat.

Pixie

Occupation
remodeling
I own a 1996 CAT 307. Originally labeled REGA. Not too hard to remove the 'rega' decal. I have both the Japanese parts book and the English one. Haven't found any differences, yet.
I don't think it's always to be misleading.

Going to be difficult to pass any CAT E70 that I've seen as a 307D. Different cab.