• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Grey market 312 shutoff solenoid

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Find wire 332-BU at the shutoff relay and check to see if it has continuity to ground at all times irrespective of the position of the key switch or the master disconnect switch. If it does then the Eng/Pump Control Unit is defective.

aubuchon72786

Cat told me to try disconnecting wire 332 and turn key switch on to check for power on pink wire which was only 8 volts

Nige

Cat told me to try disconnecting wire 332 and turn key switch on to check for power on pink wire which was only 8 volts
There should be no power at all on the pink wire with the key in the ON position. From that it appears the solenoid could be dodgy.

You need a 9X-8124. Physically it must be quite a small item, it's not like it is being asked to power a starter motor. I have no idea what they look like so cannot comment on your photo above. EDIT: Found a photo.

1715178550855.png

Last edited:

Nige

Ecm must be bad do u have a part number
Original Part Number is 4I-5383. There are updated numbers 106-0102 or 106-0167. Any of the three will work.
Cat also sell a Reman control under Part Number 30R-0045.

I think you need to be sitting down when you ask the price........

A work-around is possible because all that is needed to operate the 9X-8124 shutdown relay, thus activating the shutdown solenoid, is a connection to ground from terminal "L" of the relay.

First the 332-BU wire should be disconnected from terminal "L" of the shutoff relay and taped up out of the way. Then run a new wire from the "L" terminal to one terminal of a switch in the cab. A push-button horn switch switch should work just fine. Connect the other terminal of the switch to machine frame ground.

What you have now.

1715280601046.png

What you need. To stop the engine simply press the push button switch until the engine stops then turn the key switch to the OFF position.

1715280981117.png.