• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Gray Market Cat 308B SR sn 3YS

Pocho86

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Mechanic Owner Operator
Hi

Im looking for the actual machine service information. I purchased from a person online and they couldn't follow thru.

I have people tell me to use the 307B but it doesnt quite all add up.

Just want a good electrical schematic for that specific unit.

Also were are the relays located and what relays are what, fuses are behind seat but all it is is a fuse panel.

First issue I was trying to figure out was the arm locking up and not going back out when coming all the way in now it doesn't throttle up.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
The 308B 3YS-prefix machine was built for the Japan-only market and is one of the few excavator models that has no equivalent machine manufactured elsewhere in the world. There is no service information on it anywhere in the Cat system.
The only reliable source of technical information for this model would be via a Cat dealer in Japan, or an online marketplace site in Japan if one exists.

Pocho86

Occupation
Post some photos I wander if its not similar to our 307ssr
I never heard of a 307ssr but i pulled up pics of it and it looks rather similiar.
Probably both japan market units..

Nige

I never heard of a 307ssr but i pulled up pics of it and it looks rather similiar.
Probably both japan market units..
The difference between your 308B SR and the grey market 307SSR machine mentioned above by Tyler is that the 307SSR has an equivalent model built outside Japan that for the most part will work for obtaining parts and technical information.

Pocho86

Occupation
I have sis web and neither models pull up in it?

Nige

Click this LINK, put XJBP7647 in the box and click Search. The illustration below should pop up. You could have a pdf download in 5 minutes or less. It appears as though the most recent update of the manual has now provided captions in English as well as Japanese. The earlier versions didn't. Sorry that's the best I can offer you.

I had a quick look in all the usual online marketplaces and couldn't see anything.

1697553869097.png

Nige

Amazon has a service manual for the Cat 308B SR that is a kindle book for 20 bucks and it is all English. Pay the 20 bucks and it pops up in 5 minutes. 343 pages
Do you have first-hand experience of this manual.?

The reason I ask is that the image of the front cover looks strange, for want of a better word.
Top RH corner there are 4 document reference numbers:
SENR3088-03 is the SysOp document for a G3412 Gas Engine.
SENR3895-02 is for a 245B Pump Drive Cooling System.
SENR5359-04 is the Service Manual for an SR4B Generator.
SENR3087-03 is the Specification document for a G3412 Gas Engine.

On the face of it none of the above appear to have anything to do with a 308B SR.

dwayne peterson

Do you have first-hand experience of this manual.?

The reason I ask is that the image of the front cover looks strange, for want of a better word.
Top RH corner there are 4 document reference numbers:
SENR3088-03 is the SysOp document for a G3412 Gas Engine.
SENR3895-02 is for a 245B Pump Drive Cooling System.
SENR5359-04 is the Service Manual for an SR4B Generator.
SENR3087-03 is the Specification document for a G3412 Gas Engine.

On the face of it none of the above appear to have anything to do with a 308B SR.
Yes It is for 308B SR serial numbers 3YS000001 and above. Gray Market Cat 8 ton mini excavator. A friend of mine owns it and it is having stick issues. No power in or out on stick and it falls back toward machine when the joystick is released. The kindle book shows the pilot line locations and hydraulic circuits. The parts book we have that is hard copy is mostly in Japanese. We are just getting started on it. It has been sitting for several years because of this issue. With the kindle book we can follow all the circuits. Not sure if it is in the cylinder main valve or pilot control yet. Every other function is working perfectly. The kindle book will let us identify and track the hydraulic circuits. Were thinking valve partially sticking. Any suggestions would be great.