• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Grapple or Thumb

Demo_Andy

Occupation
Demolition Machine operator
I'm sort of sure demarec are built/distributed by someone else in the US, think I've seen the link on this forum before. Anyone else remember the name of the company?

blueman

I'm sort of sure demarec are built/distributed by someone else in the US, think I've seen the link on this forum before. Anyone else remember the name of the company?

Demarec is a dutch company bought by Kinshofer. It's products are branded Kinshofer in North America and some other markets. NA HQ in near Toronto. The rotating grabs and multiprocessors are great.

Wolf

Demarec is a dutch company bought by Kinshofer. It's products are branded Kinshofer in North America and some other markets. NA HQ in near Toronto. The rotating grabs and multiprocessors are great.

Do you know any major demo guys in the US who are using the rotating grabs? They seem to love them in Europe, just wondering to what extent they have caught on stateside.

blueman

Do you know any major demo guys in the US who are using the rotating grabs? They seem to love them in Europe, just wondering to what extent they have caught on stateside.

I've seen them used by East Coast demolition contractors, I know less about the rest of the counry. They're not nearly as prevalent as in Europe as you say. We have seen more takeup in MRFs or recycling centers as those are developed here.

Wolf

I've seen them used by East Coast demolition contractors, I know less about the rest of the counry. They're not nearly as prevalent as in Europe as you say. We have seen more takeup in MRFs or recycling centers as those are developed here.

Who do you see on the East Coast using rotator grabs? What kind of buildings are they used on? Brick, or otherwise? What's the consensus about them?

blueman

What I've seen was brick/masonry and applications where they wanted to lift off roof sections or timber before bringing down structures. In a word, "selective" work.

Wolf

What I've seen was brick/masonry and applications where they wanted to lift off roof sections or timber before bringing down structures. In a word, "selective" work.

So you are saying that it gives more control over how the building comes down?

thodob

we use the term selective demolition (compared to the old wrecking method).

P1000059_jpg_348706d.jpg