1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Grapple or Thumb

Discussion in 'Demolition' started by Wolf, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Demo_Andy

Demo_Andy Well-Known Member

Demolition Machine operator
    I'm sort of sure demarec are built/distributed by someone else in the US, think I've seen the link on this forum before. Anyone else remember the name of the company?

2. blueman

blueman Well-Known Member

Demarec is a dutch company bought by Kinshofer. It's products are branded Kinshofer in North America and some other markets. NA HQ in near Toronto. The rotating grabs and multiprocessors are great.

3. Wolf

Wolf Senior Member

Do you know any major demo guys in the US who are using the rotating grabs? They seem to love them in Europe, just wondering to what extent they have caught on stateside.

4. blueman

I've seen them used by East Coast demolition contractors, I know less about the rest of the counry. They're not nearly as prevalent as in Europe as you say. We have seen more takeup in MRFs or recycling centers as those are developed here.

5. Wolf

Wolf Senior Member

Who do you see on the East Coast using rotator grabs? What kind of buildings are they used on? Brick, or otherwise? What's the consensus about them?

6. blueman

What I've seen was brick/masonry and applications where they wanted to lift off roof sections or timber before bringing down structures. In a word, "selective" work.

7. Wolf

Wolf Senior Member

So you are saying that it gives more control over how the building comes down?

8. thodob

thodob Well-Known Member

we use the term selective demolition (compared to the old wrecking method).

[​IMG]