• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Gradesetting

jusridin

I'm looking for instructional material on gradesetting, does anyone know where I can find a "how to book" for gradesetting?

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Welcome to the Forums jusridin!:drink up

What kind of information are you looking for? Reading grade stakes or setting them? Usually the surveyors will set the layout stakes with grades and us lever pullers just read 'em and go from there.:D

Buckethead

Occupation
Operator
Usually the surveyors will set the layout stakes with grades and us lever pullers just read 'em and go from there.:D
Yes, the surveyors stake out the job, but in site work or road work, in the cuts someone has to transfer the grades over so you can take out the dirt the stakes are sitting on. Also if the surveyors just give you toe and top of slope, you might need to put slope stakes in.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Yes, the surveyors stake out the job, but in site work or road work, in the cuts someone has to transfer the grades over so you can take out the dirt the stakes are sitting on. Also if the surveyors just give you toe and top of slope, you might need to put slope stakes in.

Thanks Buckethead, I understand that and have done it. The description was more for the OP to determine what kind of information they were looking for.

jusridin

I'm looking for both, some of the info on the stakes I can read but setting and checking grade within I'm sort of lost. I'm an apprentice with OE3 and grade checking was a hard one for me. I'm looking for instructional books I can read and try to learn from. Thanks

Mahesvara

I'm want to buy a pair of swedes or swede stands you can put lath in. Nothing comes up on google. Do swedes have another name? Are any commercially available? Usually I hear that "a buddy made them."

Shimmy1

C- means dig this deep F- means fill this much. Not much more you need to know besides where the benchmarks are at.

Bulldog777

Occupation
Construction Manager / ex Mechanic
Do yourself a favour and download the CivilWorks app from the app store or search CivilWorks app on you tube or google

Highly recommend it