• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Grade Controll

Chris Howard

I am wondering if anyone has has any experience with the ocala excavision or the agl excavator controll systems? I am wondering if they work as well as the manufacturer claims or if they are more time consuming than theyre worth. I am trying to locate a machine equipped with one hoping to try it before i jump in and buy, but there doesn't appear to be anything remotely close to south central MN. Thanks in advance for any info.

roddyo

Occupation
Manipulator of the Planet
Excavision

I am wondering if anyone has has any experience with the ocala excavision or the agl excavator controll systems? I am wondering if they work as well as the manufacturer claims or if they are more time consuming than theyre worth. I am trying to locate a machine equipped with one hoping to try it before i jump in and buy, but there doesn't appear to be anything remotely close to south central MN. Thanks in advance for any info.

I have an Excavision and am happy with it. You have to go slow fine grading though. Since the Transmitters are wireless the Bucket can Outrun the Monitor if that makes sense.

TileGuy

I used EZDigPro last fall. If you're going to use it for digging in pipe or digging/cleaning ditches, forget about it. It's pretty much impossible to watch your bucket and the display at the same time, which slows your digging down a lot. You can still do a nice job, but it just takes too long.

One place where this system would really shine is digging footings and basements, where just getting the right depth is more important than fine grading.

It also comes in handy when there's water where you're digging and you can't see the edge of your bucket.

I have one for sale if anyone is interested. I only put about 30 hours on it.

Kellogg Report

It's pretty much impossible to watch your bucket and the display at the same time, which slows your digging down a lot.

Some systems have the option of using an external lightbar. This is really just a strip of LEDs that indicate cut/on grade/fill. The lightbar is mounted away from the control box so that it is more in the operator's line of sight. That way he can get the cut/fill information and still manage the material.

Topcon makes one that can be attached to the control box or mounted away from it:
3542_topcon.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------
Compare 3D machine control systems from Trimble, Leica and Topcon