• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Gradall 544D main hydrolic leak

joedan

I have a 544D the machine is leaking oil from the hard pipe at the bottom of machine we have removed the pipe and replaced the O rings but with new rings in place and reinstalled this fitting still leaks my dealer thinks the case is cracked, but after close inspection no cracks are apperant , the pipe looks fine still leaks like a bad dike any ideas

barklee

I have a 544D the machine is leaking oil from the hard pipe at the bottom of machine we have removed the pipe and replaced the O rings but with new rings in place and reinstalled this fitting still leaks my dealer thinks the case is cracked, but after close inspection no cracks are apperant , the pipe looks fine still leaks like a bad dike any ideas

Had the same thing happen this spring. It was the male side of the fitting had a slight crack in it. Couldnt really see it but you could run your finger nail over it and feel a snag.

joedan

544d leak

Had the same thing happen this spring. It was the male side of the fitting had a slight crack in it. Couldnt really see it but you could run your finger nail over it and feel a snag.

when we pulled the line off again what appears to be a section mof threading came out with one of the four bolts we plan on drilling out this hole and retapping to 1/2 inch as I cant get the part from the dealer till christmas and the show must go on will let you know if this works ordered tap to day should recieve by monday here in Quinhagak

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Wait, what, mof threading?

Is this a code 61 or code 62 four bolt flange connection?