• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Gradall 534c 4x4 not working

bgleich

Hello everyone,
I have a 2000 gradall 534c 4x4. Problem is the 4 wheel drive is not engaging. Any thoughts? It's safe to say I don't know a thing about it. Thanks for any imput. Bob

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
Take a look at the 2/4 drive switch for power .Than look at the 2/4 drive valve.To see if the valve is switching .You can check by seeing if the valve gets magnetic field with a screwdriver by feeling for a magnetic pull on stem .If you need manual with schematic please post your email address.

raparady

Take a look at the 2/4 drive switch for power .Than look at the 2/4 drive valve.To see if the valve is switching .You can check by seeing if the valve gets magnetic field with a screwdriver by feeling for a magnetic pull on stem .If you need manual with schematic please post your email address.

Hi! I'm having the same problem. Lifted the machine off the ground and put it in 4x4 and only the front wheels spin. Could you send me the schematic on this? We don't have any service manuals.

bgleich

tool_king,
I guess I need the schematic since I cannot seem to figure this out. BTW, there is power at the 2/4 wheel drive switch. Thank you and my email address is bgleich517@gmail.com

Knepptune

Go to JLG.com. They have all their manuals online. Go to resources. Then click on manuals. Then just select the brand.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
As tool_king stated look at the switch first. I have a '98 534C6 and had to replace the switch once. Luckily they're cheap and can be bought at NAPA.

Killbox Alpha

Check the 4x4 toggle switch like discussed above. If the rubber boot is torn or missing it likely has gotten water in the switch and has corroded.

jumper

The toggle switch controls a solenoid valve which engages the 4 x 4...once the switch is good you need to check the coil
i'm not sure about this particular model but with others the coils are the same and can be interchanged

bgleich

Thanks for the response. Building season is coming t a close and the lift will be in the shop soon so I can get started on looking. Thanks again