• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Got a new Bobcat T740 this week.

mowingman

Occupation
Retired
The landowner of the properties we are clearing, bought a new bobcat T740 this past week. It replaces the old 2006, T300 we have used since they bought it used in 2008.
I really like the single joystick control option. It is nice running travel functions with one hand and bucket/grapple functions with the other hand. We really needed a better small loader, as the old T300 was showing it's age. This machine makes moving brush and trees easy. It also is the biggest Bbobcat 1.jpg bobcat 2.jpg obcat has with no DEF.
Jeff

mowingman

Occupation
Retired
You like the one hand drive? It just seems so odd to me. Lol
Ours has an option for either one hand drive or two hand drive. You just flip a switch. I thought I would like the two hand drive better, but after trying both modes for a while, I have settled in to the one hand, joystick, control. I find I have better control with just the left had driving the machine and the right hand operating the bucket/attachments. Of course, I am left handed, so maybe that has something to do with it. We also have the optional foot pedal control for the bucket, but I never used it before and do not like it on this new one either. I believe it is all about what you get used to.
Jeff