1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Good Gooseneck Dump Trailer?

Discussion in 'Trailers' started by Dodge07around, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Dodge07around

Dodge07around Active Member

Contractor/owner/operator
    I was wondering what everyone out there is using for a gooseneck dump trailer? Brand, etc. I think i'd like something rated for at least 7 ton if not more and with tall sides on it as well. I recently rented one and was not impressed, I cant remember which brand it was but it barely lifted 4 yards of dirt and it was a bumper pull so I for sure want a gooseneck!! Any suggestions? If you got one maybe include some pics. Thanks a bunch!

2. thejdman04

thejdman04 Senior Member

Go with either a baker built trailer (my first choice) or a Big lug trailer. Heres a picture of my dump. Its a pj trailer. Total junk. The trailer is a 06 and the paint is already wore off. When I first got it the pin that connects the ram to the trailer (to raise it) broke and wenth through the floor of the trailer. My trailer has alko axles, the axle seals kept leaking when I first bought it. Come to find out the axle was 7 thousands of an inch too small (machined wrong) and the only solution was to put a larger seal in that side of that axle. I have only used the trailer to haul firewood and the floor looks like a washboard, not enough stringers and too thin of metal. Youll pay 3-4k more for a baker built or big lug but it is worth it.

Attached Files: