• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Good deal on 320 E or keep looking

mxsledder

I'm looking to add a 320 sized excavator to work next to my 349.
I found a 2013 320 el with a coupler and thumb.. 700 hours and mint condition in the $160k range.
Is this a good deal or should I look at another brand?
New or slightly used is what I'm looking for.

fast_st

Occupation
IT systems admin
I'm not that familiar with Cat but a good long browse through RB auctions and machinery trader should let you know if your price is good.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
3 years ago when I was pricing a new 320EL the out the door price was just over $200K.

mxsledder

That's some great feedback! Much appreciated. I haven't ran any of the newer 200's lately other than a cat 323 F.
Is cat a good choice in this class? Speed is very important to me.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
I think Cat is a good choice but I am biased..:cool:

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
The 6.4 in my 321DL is a Catabishi. I've had good luck with the Catabishi engines.

mxsledder

I know the motor in the 323 F is a Perkins but I'm not sure about the 320 F.
I have a friend that says the Deere 210 g machines are a little bit quicker than the Cat. Has anyone ran the newer 210 Deere?

walkerv

We have a 320el here at the landfill its a tier3 engine has been really good so far I have never had a problem with it yet other then the boom lights dont work for some reason it has about 4000 hrs on it so far and came out of a Cat rental fleet . It has good travel speed . only down fall we have is it is a little small to load the a40d and a40 we have unless you can get it up on a cut to give you some height,but we only use it for that when the 330cl is down