1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Glitshy site response.

Discussion in 'Geek Patrol' started by uffex, May 27, 2022.

1. uffex

uffex Senior Member

Admin
    Good day yes that sums up my experience although recently it appears to have been a less frequent occurrence.

2. Nige

Nige Senior Member

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
    Still doing it today.

3. kshansen

kshansen Senior Member

Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
    Have not had it get hung up today but it does seem to do it pretty often. I have tried logging of and back on, sometimes that seems to work other times not.

Of course now that I mentioned it not doing it five minutes from now it will!

4. Birken Vogt

Birken Vogt Charter Member

I haven't seen it for quite a while but maybe it just came back of late.

5. uffex

uffex Senior Member

Admin
    Good day
    Since the latest Firefox update it seems to work OK apart from opening from a dead PC, the appearance differs from opening from the forum option.
    Kind regards
    Uffex

6. Birken Vogt

Birken Vogt Charter Member

It was bad just a little while ago. Had not had much trouble for a long time, then the last couple of days it started in again.

7. uffex

uffex Senior Member

Admin
    Initial opening of the webpage has become terribly slow (compared with other page's -not a local issue)
    ,some actions freeze the screen to a standstill.
    A minor rant pasting a illustration seems to automatically duplicate rather unnecessary.Kind regards
    Uffex

8. heymccall

heymccall Senior Member

It's still a fairly common occurrence here.
    Usually it's when I'm posting a helpful response. Quite frustrating, but, alas, I'm not paying the bills for the server and software.

9. Tinkerer

Tinkerer Senior Member

Almost a daily occurrence with me.
    I tried different browsers and search engines with NO ad blockers and that didn't help.
    A strange black progression bar appears when I try to post a response and the page stalls for a long time.
    2022-08-10_081240.png

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022 at 9:16 AM
    John C. likes this.
  10. Steve Frazier

Steve Frazier Founder Staff Member

I'll contact our tech again. With it being a random thing it's been hard to track down and figure out. I've had it happen to me on occasion but it's infrequently. Tonight I clicked "New Posts" and blinked and didn't realize the page had refreshed already. I've noticed the progression bar too when it has stalled.

11. kshansen

kshansen Senior Member

Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
    Kind of like when you get called out on a repair job and the machine is working perfectly but are told it happened three times in the last week! How do you go about repairing something that works perfect 95% of the time and only acts up when you are the other side of the state?

That's about the way this site is for me, sometime it hangs up a couple times in a day but then works great 95% of the time. I close out the site and go back in a couple hours latter and almost always works fine again. I am using Brave browser and have for many months.

12. John C.

John C. Senior Member

Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
    I don't know if it makes any difference but I seem to get issue when there are lots of people on site and plenty of new posts seeming to happen in lightning fashion. Then I try to respond to something and I get the bars at the top right corner.