• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Gillig Phantom 95-97ish

Frankhaddad

A bus converted into motor home, 50 series Detroit, pieced together from different busses, Variable hydraulic fan runs at full speed, checked with local dealer, not a lot of help. Currently have 24v to fan solenoid and grounded at pin 908 at the engine ECU. I may be missing a component as I can not find any schematics. Any info would be great!

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
A bus converted into motor home, 50 series Detroit, pieced together from different busses, Variable hydraulic fan runs at full speed, checked with local dealer, not a lot of help. Currently have 24v to fan solenoid and grounded at pin 908 at the engine ECU. I may be missing a component as I can not find any schematics. Any info would be great!
Shouldn't that fan control solenoid be controlled by a PWM signal? "pieced together" tells me you may have some real problems to sort out.

Frankhaddad

Shouldn't that fan control solenoid be controlled by a PWM signal? "pieced together" tells me you may have some real problems to sort out.
When I say pieced together, they are all original components from another unit, customer transformed this bus into a motor home, everything else is working fine, was told by one person that was an employee of a Detriot dealer that the PWM is controlled by the ground pin on the EECU. Looking for a schematic on this part of the control system.

Frankhaddad

I guess at this point, I am just looking for info on the Sauer Danfoss valve, where the PWM wire is attached? Two wires to valve, two wires for power and ground, last is for a signal. I have all the Detroit and Allison books, nothing shows vehicle wiring. Looking for someone that knows where to pull the PWM signal from.